Author Topic: When entering an arena, the system now tries to place you at..."  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: When entering an arena, the system now tries to place you at..."
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 07:32:38 PM »
how can anyone claim they can't find the action when the game, itself, is programmed to place you there?

It isn't. It's programmed to take you to the "most busy" field, which, in my timezone, doesn't necessarily correlate with "action".

But I forgot. I just have to believe in things, then they will happen.  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:13 PM »
It isn't. It's programmed to take you to the "most busy" field, which, in my timezone, doesn't necessarily correlate with "action".

But I forgot. I just have to believe in things, then they will happen.  :aok

You're misconstruing 'Just do' (must be a cultural gap). You may still actually have to DO something (ie: switch sides). You may have to actually apply logic (What do the side numbers look like? Which side to I change to? Which side has a large squad - or two - logged on? Do I want to be an underdog in an active fight or do I want to be one more pilot in a horde?) You disappoint me, Snail. With all the charts and graphs and studying of all aspects of the game you devote so much time to, I'd figure that much was obvious. If you're presuming it's not obvious to me then I'm even more disappointed in you.

Anyway, carry on.  :salute
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:44:14 PM by Arlo »

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2017, 06:09:09 AM »
There are 50 people logged in right now.
Earlier a few hours was 30.
Someone care to explain why?
So why in 2008 you had 100 poeple vs 30 in 2017  and 300 vs 100 ?
And why there are less players than in 2008 ?
Why they stopped playing?

I can definitely tell you in all truth that part of the reason "this" 2008 player was not playing on the date of your observation was in large part because of people like you. Drama queens and pisspoor pouting princess attitudes drove me away from the game more than anything else. It is a great game plagued with a small, but all too vocal - unfriendly player base who made being within range of or spamming forums and text buffers with endless, pointless drivel attacking the game, the creators, the players and rarely, if ever, have a kind, positive, or constructive word to entertain themselves with. Hope that helps clear up your question(s). Enjoy a nicer day than those you troll.  :cheers:

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »
It is a great game plagued with a small, but all too vocal - unfriendly player base who made being within range of or spamming forums and text buffers with endless, pointless drivel attacking the game, the creators, the players and rarely, if ever, have a kind, positive, or constructive word to entertain themselves with.

Halo, you might want to give it a new try.  There seems to be a lot less bad attitude (at least in Rookland) than there was a couple of years ago.  At least, that is my experience.  I think some of the most vocal whiners voted with their feet.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »
I can definitely tell you in all truth that part of the reason "this" 2008 player was not playing on the date of your observation was in large part because of people like you. Drama queens and pisspoor pouting princess attitudes drove me away from the game more than anything else. It is a great game plagued with a small, but all too vocal - unfriendly player base who made being within range of or spamming forums and text buffers with endless, pointless drivel attacking the game, the creators, the players and rarely, if ever, have a kind, positive, or constructive word to entertain themselves with. Hope that helps clear up your question(s). Enjoy a nicer day than those you troll.  :cheers:

Occasionally the grumbling crescendos on 200, but there's an easy solution for that.  Most of the time the arena's not bad at all.  Squelch early, squelch often if stuff bugs you. :)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »
Occasionally the grumbling crescendos on 200

One of the more positive things I found upon my return for the Steam release was the unexplained absence of the usual "Cheaters" / "The game is rigged!" crowd on the knight side. You know the names...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:20 PM »

One of the more positive things I found upon my return for the Steam release was the unexplained absence of the usual "Cheaters" / "The game is rigged!" crowd on the knight side. You know the names...  :noid

I hadn't noticed it but now that you mention it you're right.  Hmp.  Collision model still comes up though so at least it probably doesn't feel too unfamiliar. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2017, 02:56:56 PM »
Come to think of it, I have not nor hear others complain about a few of the AH3 flight visual anomalies since the Steam release like the funky chicken maneuver by 190's while running away.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.