Author Topic: A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks  (Read 4516 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2017, 11:32:47 PM »
For me the reason I like AH is the format it uses...I'm not into the small arena..ready set go type games...
 the $ side of things ...well many steam users look at it in a strange manor..... even my kids are the same...they go on about how this game is free blah blah blah....but they clock up some ridiculous $ on the added extras required to be better and hang with the big boys....but they don't see it as it is a little cost here a little cost there.... 6 mths later the bank account is stripped and they are dumbfounded....Guess what...they move on to the next game....Attention spans are short these days especially if you can't get the entitlement you are told you are supposed to have.

The free part of it if time is taken to read is stated plain and simple....granted the arenas are not highly populated yet but if the word actually gets out and is understood then this could change in time...I do feel that the two weeks free part should be more of a...so many hours online....I know when I started I didn't play for a few days of the two weeks so they were ultimately wasted.... not that it mattered...I was hooked and going to pay anyway...

I think if it could be changed to a say...(I don't know what would be a feasible number) but lets say 100 hrs online time....this would give new players a whole heap of time to get totally addicted....not just partially....without having to cram it into a 14 day period.... cause life is busy you know...chores, sleeping, facebook and stuff hahaha

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2017, 07:38:45 AM »
The ENY system doesn't really do anything unless the numbers are WAY skewed.   By the time ENY kicks in, the steamroller is already way down the road.  Frankly I'd rather see ENY preventing your taking up a ride ended and just have it start costing you perks to take up uber-rides if you are on the side with the overwhelming advantage.  I wouldn't mind it if EVERY plane had a perk cost all the time - that gives players an incentive to bring it home instead of just bailing or suiciding it. 

Give new players perk points for completing training missions in the training arena -- might actually help player retention if they had a reason to train a bit before going into the MA meat grinder.  Of course you set that so that you can only get the perkies once per account so that there isn't abuse of that perk award. 

I still think it would be nice if squadrons earned perks that the squadron leader could pass out to new recruits, or use when assigning planes to a mission.  You might get more people joining missions if the squad putting up the mission put up the cost for the perk planes involved.   

The game can always be tweaked.  Experimentation beats Stagnation.

This series of ideas IMO has merit
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty