Author Topic: Changing the way Ditching works  (Read 662 times)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Changing the way Ditching works
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:13:01 AM »
I would like that if you ditch the player that shot the ditching player gets the kill. Its lame how you can just ditch 3 miles from a friendly base and just because your near a friendly base a player is denied there deserved kill and the only way to successfully deny a kill is to get to a friendly base.  :salute
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Changing the way Ditching works
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:28:20 AM »

No, you can ditch an aircraft 5 feet from the runway, plane intact, get out and walk to the O'Club.  Ditching means the plane is not destroyed and the Pilot is not killed, that is not a kill when it is in friendly territory because he is not captured.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 11:32:09 AM »
No one gets a ditch if I can help it.  :D  It's all part of friendly Pig customer service.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 11:50:48 AM »

No, you can ditch an aircraft 5 feet from the runway, plane intact, get out and walk to the O'Club.  Ditching means the plane is not destroyed and the Pilot is not killed, that is not a kill when it is in friendly territory because he is not captured.
Its annoying when a planes is 3 miles from the base and gets a guy ditch that the player that shot the guy is denied his kill 
 if your plane is damaged to a certain point it should not be able to get a successful ditch that is my point
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »
Already in the game. It's called crashing.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:00:37 PM »
I would like that if you ditch the player that shot the ditching player gets the kill. Its lame how you can just ditch 3 miles from a friendly base and just because your near a friendly base a player is denied there deserved kill and the only way to successfully deny a kill is to get to a friendly base.  :salute

If we don't get proxy for bomb and bail then you shouldn't get a kill on a guy you pinged once after auto ack shot him dozens of times.    If you remove the ditch then the kill should go to the Ack Weenies not you.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 12:04:16 PM »
Its annoying when a planes is 3 miles from the base and gets a guy ditch that the player that shot the guy is denied his kill 
 if your plane is damaged to a certain point it should not be able to get a successful ditch that is my point

I have a very simple solution, KILL HIM.  Don't tell me it is hard to shoot down a plane whom is slow and concentrating on getting his plane down while avoiding trees.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 12:23:33 PM »

It is the same for everyone.  I have ditched and saved a kill.  A red has ditched and took my kill.  I have crashed ditching.  The red has crashed ditching.  Same, same.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 01:08:48 PM »

That guy earned the ditch by getting the air frame down to the ground whilst being able to walk away... I've worked my butt off for ditches in the heat of battle...

kinda satisfying to deny the enemy a kill, and just as satisfying to strafe that ditcher before he can scramble out of the damaged airframe...  :banana:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 01:47:22 PM »
+1, attacker deserves the credit for take down, but defender deserves ditch as well.  Would be 128th on the list of things to do even if wish granted.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »
ditching should not be considered a confirmed kill if you out of visual range of enemy.

Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
Bunch of proto-war criminals! It is a problem of semantics, in one world kill means a downed aircraft in AH it means a virtual death. If it is so important to you to kill someone virtually than just do it and stop complaining. Ditching with a damaged aircraft isn't always easy. Frankly I wish for differentiation between a ditch on water vs a wheels up landing on land vs a wheels down landing vs the same 3 in enemy territory. I'm sure that is a top priority.
Pies not kicks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 06:45:04 PM »
Bunch of proto-war criminals! It is a problem of semantics, in one world kill means a downed aircraft in AH it means a virtual death. If it is so important to you to kill someone virtually than just do it and stop complaining. Ditching with a damaged aircraft isn't always easy. Frankly I wish for differentiation between a ditch on water vs a wheels up landing on land vs a wheels down landing vs the same 3 in enemy territory. I'm sure that is a top priority.

Add in a "ditch" for a wheels up landing at a friendly field as well. It certainly shouldn't count as a good landing.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 07:23:14 PM »
Getting a ditch out of a no win scenario is far more rewarding than landing kills. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »
How about a system similar to Rise of Flight, where a ditch awards a kill to the shooter, but the ditcher's score is not credited with a death?

This way the shooter is rewarded for his effort and the defender is awarded for saving his life.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com