Author Topic: to stop the vr movement  (Read 1304 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
to stop the vr movement
« on: September 19, 2017, 05:14:36 PM »
is there any way to stop the vr movement like when in the turret pipe or in f3 mode of a c47.  drove my first gv last night and almost ralphed, also when I was in the pipe I was swaying on my aim.  it seems over pronounced in vr more than TIR. 

also I tried to fly a f4u1d last night and could not see crap because of the base ball bill and the side wraps of the cockpit.  I tried moving some views around but go no available changes in views. 

also the yak3 pipr sight is like cut in half and then glued back together by my 6yr old in my plane.  I did read where there was a patch for that but I don't think it worked any way to correct/fix that on my end?

thanks for the help and I did read and searched for what was asked but got no real fix for it

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: to stop the vr movement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »
Ctrl F5 turns off the movement.

Adjust the rear view so your head is away from the headrest.

Adjust your head position in the yak so you only see one gunsight.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 06:15:25 PM »
Ctrl F5 turns off the movement.

Adjust the rear view so your head is away from the headrest.
how do I do that. the arrows don't move my head at all.  also I don't have the peek over the nose look either and cant adjust that. I have the look forward programmed but I don't lift me up to see over the nose

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »
To use the arrows and page up/down take the headset off.

Hold the forward view to adjust the head height. Save with F10.

Hold the rear view to adjust the head position away from the headrest.

Save with F10.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »
is there any way to stop the vr movement like when in the turret pipe or in f3 mode of a c47.  drove my first gv last night and almost ralphed, also when I was in the pipe I was swaying on my aim.  it seems over pronounced in vr more than TIR. 

This too will pass.  You learn just to hold your head more still in a tank.  In a short time it will be natural.  The only place this is not true is the 17 pounder but then it sucked in ah2 as well.  Give it time VR is pretty slick.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:44 PM »
thanks fls I will take the headset off, didn't think of that

randy1 vr is great I love it, about over the motion sickness so I can chase you around the field in your m3 lol.  I am unable to explain the difference to the guys in my squad the realism and the difference

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 06:18:10 PM »
thanks fls I will take the headset off, didn't think of that

randy1 vr is great I love it, about over the motion sickness so I can chase you around the field in your m3 lol.  I am unable to explain the difference to the guys in my squad the realism and the difference

Simply tell them that you feel like you are in a real cockpit.  The size and scale of everything is real-world, when you look around, its all you can see.

VR

Size and scale:  Objects look life size, not an inch or two in size like on a 2D monitor.

3 Dimensions: Everything you see is 3-dimensional and has depth to it. Mimics real human vision with both eyes and depth perception.

Field of view: VR enables the user to be completely immersed in whatever is happening in the VR world.  The scene is all around you.

Motion tracking: Motion sensors enable the users head to mimic its real world motion in the VR world. 

Non-VR

Objects and the entire scene is not recognized by the brain as life-size, you're still looking at half inch aircraft and 2-inch cockpit gauges. 

Using both eyes to focus on one screen disables any 3-D effect, so everything is flat.

Regular flat 2-dimensional monitors, even with several of them, are unable to mimic the effect because you are still looking at a 2-D screen and are not being immersed in that world. Your field of view is extremely limited.  You can see your dog sitting next to you, you can see the panel around the monitor, you can see the room around you.

Even with TrackIR, which I've always used and loved, the view is unnatural because you are staring straight and moving your head.  You cannot look 90-degrees left and stare at your wing.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:24:07 PM by N95KF »
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 04:47:06 PM »
yeah I try to tell them that, but don't think I convey.

I figured out the look over the nose thing, with the googles off I can set them and they take.  was trying to set it with googles on.  also fixed the up view so I aint smashed against the canopy.

haven't tried gvs again yet but with buzz saw up I am sure I will get to and will let you know randy

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
I have started iracing using VR.  I am a bit worried about eye strain with VR so I had to make a choice  which might be a bit conservative on my part..  I use VR for iracing and leave it off for AH.  I miss VR in AH.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 10:21:48 PM »
Why do you think there's eye strain and why would it be different driving vs flying?  I do both and haven't noticed any issues or differences.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 06:12:05 AM »
Why do you think there's eye strain and why would it be different driving vs flying?  I do both and haven't noticed any issues or differences.

https://www.aao.org/eye-health/tips-prevention/are-virtual-reality-headsets-safe-eyes

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »
Randy the article you linked says that looking at your monitor is the same as looking at your VR headset.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 11:38:53 PM »
I have started iracing using VR.  I am a bit worried about eye strain with VR so I had to make a choice  which might be a bit conservative on my part..  I use VR for iracing and leave it off for AH.  I miss VR in AH.

They take that into account when they created the device, that is why gamma, brightness, contrast, etc. can't be user controlled and applications have to be approved before use.  Unless you are feeling physical symptoms, I'd say you're fine.  You can get the same eye strain staring at a bright TV.  I actually think I have less eye strain and dryness with VR than I did with my overly bright monitor.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"