Author Topic: "Base is under attack" message  (Read 1386 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
"Base is under attack" message
« on: September 23, 2017, 07:08:13 PM »
IMHO the "Base is under attack" message isn't very useful.  Unfortunately, under my current settings it is not only there, but is very loud.  Any way to turn it off?  If not, is it associated with a "Game Sound" in Preferences, such that its volume can be controlled? 

MH

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: "Base is under attack" message
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:17:14 AM »
The Warnings volume can be adjusted in Options/Preferences/Game Sounds/Advanced.  Unfortunately silencing the "base under attack" warning and the siren also silences the "check your six" warning.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »
The Warnings volume can be adjusted in Options/Preferences/Game Sounds/Advanced.  Unfortunately silencing the "base under attack" warning and the siren also silences the "check your six" warning.

Yep.  Really sucks to have no check6 sound just to avoid hearing the vague and pointless "they are engaging our fields" warning.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »
I honestly think there needs to be more sound options. I was trying to figure out how to lower the sound of when you land without wheels, it makes that screaching sound so loudly, couldn't find it. Would also like to turn down other certain small sounds.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:35:15 AM »
Especially since it's not tied to the field you upped from. If it were connected to the home field, or the nearest field, it would make sense and help finding sneaky attacks. Being random it doesn't even add immersion.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:04:31 AM »
Especially since it's not tied to the field you upped from. If it were connected to the home field, or the nearest field, it would make sense and help finding sneaky attacks. Being random it doesn't even add immersion.

But that's what it actually does- help you finding sneaky attacks. It wouldn't work if it was limited to your home or the closest field. Every time a base/town comes under a new attack (starts to flash), the sound is played. Even for those remote bases you don't have your focus on. I would not call that random.

But yes, it sucks not being able to adjust this sound individually without affecting check 6 at the same time.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »
Oh? Well then, shouldn't threre be an indefinite article telling that one of the possible locations is being attacked?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
Oh? Well then, shouldn't threre be an indefinite article telling that one of the possible locations is being attacked?

Yes.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 12:13:03 PM »
Sounds like a good wish item.  Add which base is being attacked.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »
I honestly think there needs to be more sound options. I was trying to figure out how to lower the sound of when you land without wheels, it makes that screaching sound so loudly, couldn't find it. Would also like to turn down other certain small sounds.

There used to be many more sound options.
They got castrated.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear