Author Topic: VR Scale off  (Read 745 times)

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
VR Scale off
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »
Okay so I have been gone for a while and jumped into a M18 and I thought to myself this is really odd. Seemed like I was the big kid on the pony ride outside the grocery store. Jumped into a P51 and OMG same thing. Have not touched anything on my settings or the OCULUS site so am I the only guy in here playing with 3/4 scale stuff?
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: VR Scale off
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 12:40:05 PM »
I don't think there's any way to change the scale. It's 1 to 1. It's likely just perception since VR works by fooling your brain. Try flying in desktop mode for a bit then going back to VR.

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:52:22 PM »
The only place that gives me trouble with scale in VR is the tower, or bridge, view on the carriers.  Everything just seems off to me. 
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »
The only place that gives me trouble with scale in VR is the tower, or bridge, view on the carriers.  Everything just seems off to me.

That's a different issue. If you recall the CV hanger had a similar problem where it seemed zoomed in until Hitech fixed it.

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »
Certainly would like to think its 1 to 1 but its far from that. Literally different experience from the first few months using the OCULUS. Picked up the oculus to get that 1 to 1 experience and enjoyed it minus the looking through screen effect it had :joystick: But its kinda like the last 5 or 8 years using three screens and track IR. :old:
Must be me :bolt:
Imagine I can get used to it if no one else had noticed it :noid
bro06562 :aok
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 01:36:14 PM »
The only thing that is not 1:1 is the CV bridge. That is do to an issue of using a different  bridge then the original was designed for. We shrank it pre VR and you can not notice do to projection. But in vr it obviously is noticeable.

If you are seeing a change from previous VR use, or some thing on your system has changed, or a setting you are using is showing a bug.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »
okay it looks like from reading on this, there could be a couple of things to do

1) not sure how this has any effect but check it out:
http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-3069655/set-ipd-correctly-oculus-rift.html

2) seems more likely but i haven't messed with it.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/38033/cv1-scale-is-off
In your oculus debug tool you have a postition and mine is set to 0,0,-1.5 might be something to mess with as well.

It's also possible that you are :

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 05:03:56 PM »
My theory is the brain adapts to being fooled and perception changes. Binocular vision is "normal" in VR but distant focus is closer than real life. This might result in the perception that things are smaller because we aren't focusing far away.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »

+1
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 11:39:42 PM »
Okay so I have been gone for a while and jumped into a M18 and I thought to myself this is really odd. Seemed like I was the big kid on the pony ride outside the grocery store. Jumped into a P51 and OMG same thing. Have not touched anything on my settings or the OCULUS site so am I the only guy in here playing with 3/4 scale stuff?

Reset all Oculus settings, do it again. 
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 06:32:03 AM »

There was a bug when HTC offered an automatic change to regular AH when the VR head set was removed.  When you put it back on the scale changed to giant size.  I think that was fixed.  Maybe if you are using offline you have an older version.  Online gets an auto update.