Author Topic: Troops disabled  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Troops disabled
« on: September 29, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
Can't select troops in open melee for M3. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Troops disabled
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:53:01 AM »
that is correct. Hi-tech turned them off . Said he was trying something new.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »
How many troops were carried in a C47 in WW2?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »
that is correct. Hi-tech turned them off . Said he was trying something new.
Got a link?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 11:39:42 AM »
Got a link?

He said that himself in the Arena. I was there :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 12:10:14 PM »
He said that himself in the Arena. I was there :)
Until such time as there is a public announcement indicating why a feature of the game going back at least a decade has been disabled is made, I will assume it is a bug.  No responsible business would take this extensive an action without some sort of public disclosure. Disappointing if indeed this is how it went down.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 12:51:45 PM »
 :frown: Perhaps sending all those bottles of fine alcohol down south has come back to haunt us all?  :devil
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 12:17:42 PM »
:frown: Perhaps sending all those bottles of fine alcohol down south has come back to haunt us all?  :devil

That is the word on vox.  This is Vinkman's fault.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 02:45:32 PM »
 :rofl Didnt come off as such a BAD thing, for me! Although, I dont really see an upside for this. I get, that some dont like the M3 utilization theses days. Stopping troop delivery by M3 changes nothing, as far as I can see. To get more players in the air--one reason I heard. First experience in game after this change came about....6 players running JEEPS :x Dont think the math works out very well for the "GET em in the air" reason. Now DISABLING CARGO deliveries, as was the root of ALL EVIL lately, that could "GET EM IN THE AIR" :rofl I needed to kill an SDK for vehicle achievement anyway! :bolt:   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline iikie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
You pay to play a game you enjoy and you do what pleases you. If they want to force some into doing what they do not enjoy, guess they will go play something they like. Giving in to a loud whiner does not seem the right way to go. Oh well, do what you must. Make the game not fun for me and I'm gone.
Slaxer

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 12:42:14 PM »
:rofl Didnt come off as such a BAD thing, for me!

How many bases did you capture last tour?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »
You pay to play a game you enjoy and you do what pleases you. If they want to force some into doing what they do not enjoy, guess they will go play something they like. Giving in to a loud whiner does not seem the right way to go. Oh well, do what you must. Make the game not fun for me and I'm gone.

Two questions:

1. Who whined about the M3 troops? Can you point me to all those whines?
2. What exactly did change gameplay wise, making the game unplayable?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 02:06:12 PM »
Until such time as there is a public announcement indicating why a feature of the game going back at least a decade has been disabled is made, I will assume it is a bug.  No responsible business would take this extensive an action without some sort of public disclosure. Disappointing if indeed this is how it went down.
it is no bug, I was there as well, and since HiTech owns this game he doesn't have to tell or explain anything to us.
but he did say he was trying something out.<--- Public Disclosure was in the middle of the day in the middle of the game on 200 channel, I don't remember how many people were on but it was over 50.
you can still run supplies with the M3--you can run troops with the Sdkfz-251, Lvt-2  C47.

sounds like  SCCA thinks he has rights in this game.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
How many bases did you capture last tour?
What has that got to do with anything? 2 or 3,dont know, dont keep track. SDK works, jeeps? Wouldnt hamper my game play anymore than a 5 ENY would. Cant fly my spit16, there are others available. Having ord dead at bases, come from somewhere else. Doesnt effect me in such a negative way,I deal with it and carry on :D If you read whole post,it was pretty self evident as to what I meant.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:57:04 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 04:00:30 PM »
What has that got to do with anything? 2 or 3,dont know, dont keep track. SDK works, jeeps? Wouldnt hamper my game play anymore than a 5 ENY would. Cant fly my spit16, there are others available. Having ord dead at bases, come from somewhere else. Doesnt effect me in such a negative way,I deal with it and carry on :D

It is just you are judging a part of the game you are not deeply involved in as are many others making the same judgement call.  It would be the same if I said lets do away with the Spit16 because it does not affect me in a negative way.