Author Topic: MASSIVE FREEZES WITH MATCH PLAY  (Read 1597 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
MASSIVE FREEZES WITH MATCH PLAY
« on: September 30, 2017, 03:48:03 PM »
Not sure if this is due directly to the last patch. During a duel the plane literally freezes in the sky. It happened about 20 times last night to a few of us. You can bail out and hit .ef, the game still thinks the plane is in motion, but it's literally frozen on the screen.

Let me take this time to please beg you to work on the Match Play arena situation. Allow people to choose their opponent. Make a separate fighter bowl arena with 30 players max. Many people can't handle the MA right away and small combat areas go a long way. The best way to attract these new steam players is putting them in a mosh pit to learn the game and planes.

Thank you!!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: MASSIVE FREEZES WITH MATCH PLAY
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 04:39:48 PM »
Wasn't it great flying in the Combat Challenge last night Violater?  Nothing but furballs, you must have been in heaven, everything you keep wishing for eh?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »
Wasn't it great flying in the Combat Challenge last night Violater?  Nothing but furballs, you must have been in heaven, everything you keep wishing for eh?

Yes it was actually. My favourite event! Allied had a hard time as usual. Allied has a hard time because they aren't patient and don't know how to keep their speed and or alt. Maybe you should show them something about that haha!! Tough plane selection last night. 

I'd like to see more promotion on AH (the game) for all the events that month. Many people don't even realise they are going on nor do they know to plan for them.
I actually think there should be more Combat challenges.

I'd like a fighter bowl similar to CC but with no teams and closer area to fight in.

Was a lot of fun!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 02:48:54 AM »
Let me take this time to please beg you to work on the Match Play arena situation. Allow people to choose their opponent.

-1. MPA is a public arena. I often wait for hours for an opponent. What you're proposing would have me locked out of the queue. That's unreasonable.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:41:08 PM »
-1. MPA is a public arena. I often wait for hours for an opponent. What you're proposing would have me locked out of the queue. That's unreasonable.

It's unreasonable to choose who you want to fight against in the closest thing resembling the DA?  :headscratch:

That's why FFA bowl would work better for random fighting occurrence. You can't even pick your own team in match play. That's a problem. How are squads suppose to fight each other?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:07 PM »
It's unreasonable to choose who you want to fight against in the closest thing resembling the DA?  :headscratch:

It doesn't resemble the DA. Just re-uses the map. MPA a totally new entity.

That's why FFA bowl would work better for random fighting occurrence.

At dissimilar energy states. ^ this resembles the old furbal lake. Which you apparently also didn't like.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
It doesn't resemble the DA. Just re-uses the map. MPA a totally new entity.

At dissimilar energy states. ^ this resembles the old furbal lake. Which you apparently also didn't like.

So by that standpoint AH no longer has a DA? Or a place where I can choose who I want to fight against... It would be much more beneficial to be able to choose teams and chose who to fight.

About the DA lake.
-Poor design and boring atmosphere.
-The water was horrible when AH3 opened and no one wanted to play there without depth perception
-it was team based and should have been 1 side only, it reduces ganging and allows all the players to fight each other. It allows for all the players to communicate easier.
-should have made random airspawns. It reduces vulching and hoarding the bases.
-needs a better scenery.

These are all reasons why the DA didn't build up steam. Id love a place where I can find quick fighter action without taking it too seriously and spending 15 minutes per each sortie.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 04:59:16 PM »
So by that standpoint AH no longer has a DA?

Exactly.

Or a place where I can choose who I want to fight against... It would be much more beneficial to be able to choose teams and chose who to fight.

Setting up a custom arena is really quick.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 06:22:12 PM »
Exactly.

Setting up a custom arena is really quick.

And you think thats a good thing?

You think I can just leave my computer on all day?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »
You think I can just leave my computer on all day?

Why would you have to? You want to do some duels with someone specific - make an arena. Takes a minute, at most. If your're done, just leave. Arena closes after the last one went away. Wanna duel again couple hours later? Make an arena. Takes a minute, again.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 06:35:59 PM »

Why would you have to? You want to do some duels with someone specific - make an arena. Takes a minute, at most. If your're done, just leave. Arena closes after the last one went away. Wanna duel again couple hours later? Make an arena. Takes a minute, again.

Lusche, that sounds all great in theory. There was a great map for that in AH2, which is now gone. This will take too long for a new member. They don't know this stuff. They wont waste their time. A standard arena already set up and available 24/7 is the way to go. Just remod the Steal the Sheep Map and make it a Free for all with airspawns. Easy fix for AH that will go a long way.

I dont know why its such a big deal. The MA alone isnt going to capture every single new player... theres a lot of room for opportunity here. I wish the old maps from AH2 would come back and people would have H2H arenas... I dont know why people dont do it anymore... I just dont have the time to keep an arena running. There needs to be a free fight arena.. I dont know why its so hard to understand.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:40:02 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 07:13:37 PM »
Its an old bud Violator.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 08:40:02 PM »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 01:00:37 AM »
Lusche already answered the other points exactly as I would have  :)

These are all reasons why the DA didn't build up steam.

The DA lake had a thriving community of round the clock action which started to decline a few years ago. My impression was the global decline of players hit there first since there's nothing else to do but air-to-air combat.

I honestly don't see the additional merit of your fighter bowl thing. Perhaps it's just me. Sorry.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 01:06:45 AM »
Lusche already answered the other points exactly as I would have  :)

The DA lake had a thriving community of round the clock action which started to decline a few years ago. My impression was the global decline of players hit there first since there's nothing else to do but air-to-air combat.

I honestly don't see the additional merit of your fighter bowl thing. Perhaps it's just me. Sorry.

Well aren't you both European? Case in point.  :D

I honestly dont understand how you can even be against such an arena..  An awesome terrain will go a long way.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-