Author Topic: MASSIVE FREEZES WITH MATCH PLAY  (Read 1660 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: MASSIVE FREEZES WITH MATCH PLAY
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 03:41:23 AM »
Well aren't you both European? Case in point.  :D

I do not understand this comment. If it was an devaluation you therefore got away with it.

I honestly dont understand how you can even be against such an arena..  An awesome terrain will go a long way.

Really don't care if I was airspawned over flat unvegetated desert or the sea as far as you can see. Who exactly are you trying to pitch this idea to?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2017, 01:51:27 PM »
I do not understand this comment. If it was an devaluation you therefore got away with it.

Really don't care if I was airspawned over flat unvegetated desert or the sea as far as you can see. Who exactly are you trying to pitch this idea to?

It was supposed to be a joke that all Europeans think the same lol.

Hitech, considering that the match play needs work and to go ahead and fix this aspect to AH in order to retain more players.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 02:18:57 PM »
Ran a few test in the match play, I could not duplicate the issue, how many people were in the arena?

HiTech

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »
Not sure if this is due directly to the last patch. During a duel the plane literally freezes in the sky. It happened about 20 times last night to a few of us. You can bail out and hit .ef, the game still thinks the plane is in motion, but it's literally frozen on the screen.

Let me take this time to please beg you to work on the Match Play arena situation. Allow people to choose their opponent. Make a separate fighter bowl arena with 30 players max. Many people can't handle the MA right away and small combat areas go a long way. The best way to attract these new steam players is putting them in a mosh pit to learn the game and planes.

Thank you!!

+10000000000000000
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »
Ran a few test in the match play, I could not duplicate the issue, how many people were in the arena?

HiTech

3 of us. It seemed to happened more when I tried to fight the next opponent after the match. So when you tried to fight the 3rd guy sitting in the que, it would freeze as the match was starting. That was the only time I felt a trend. It did happen a few other times.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »
I think a solution that (sounds) fairly easy as a consumer or a "quick fix" just add a dialogue box... "click ok to confirm head to head duel with so and so" though some people could be pesky, it would at least be a temporary solution.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
Also, I think it'd only be necessary for head to head, as when you have enough people for a 2v2 you pretty much know who you're gonna fight. Haven't been able to get more than 8 so far. But there is an order, as far as 2v2, first and third to join are on a team, second and fourth.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 04:07:24 PM »
Was it related to if you lost fight, you would start next fight, and then maybe happen when your previous opponent exited flight?

HiTech

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »
I think a solution...

You have to first evidence there is a problem.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »
Was it related to if you lost fight, you would start next fight, and then maybe happen when your previous opponent exited flight?

HiTech

Maybe it could have been due to that, where the player that won was still in the air, but after thinking about it, I dont think that was directly it. Blinky was there and can confirm that it was happening. It was Blinky, Kr1ck3t, and me. After the fight with Blinky, I'd be back in tower, go back to que to fight Kr1ck3t, it would open the match, sometimes I could see an image of a frozen plane in the sky. I tried to fight Kr1ck3t like 4 times in a row and it froze out each time. Then finally it let us. Idk, was very bizzare.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »
You have to first evidence there is a problem.

Sir... Have you spent much time in the DA? It's mainly just when there's 3-4 people in but they don't want to do 1v1's so you just kinda have to guess who you're going against.. Or when you're dueling with someone and someone else kinda forces there way in (which is almost always okay with me). I should've said suggestion, instead of solution I suppose.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 01:03:08 AM »
It's mainly just when there's 3-4 people in but they don't want to do 1v1's so you just kinda have to guess who you're going against.. Or when you're dueling with someone and someone else kinda forces there way in (which is almost always okay with me). I should've said suggestion, instead of solution I suppose.

Therefore there is no problem with the Match Play Arena, just your perception of it. It's not the DA, it's something different. HTC does not presently provide a public duelling arena. You'd be better off requesting someone updated or made a new version of MickyD's 1-on-1 map. That had airspawns and different starting alts.

If what you propose is implimented in the MPA, then some players could effectively lock others out of playing because they want a private fight. In a public arena. It's an inconsiderate and unreasonable request.

Also, why is it necessary to know who you are fighting in advance?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 08:27:26 AM »
Irrelevant, as this post is about freezing anyway.
<S>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:29:13 AM by Blinky »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 08:36:39 AM »
Irrelevant, as this post is about freezing anyway.
<S>

Was half about that.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:31 AM »
Was half about that.

You're very right. Almost forgot, didn't want to hijack lol.

It's just difficult when there's six guys in there, each trying to duel each other and you get in with someone else. Of course I will fight anyone, and it's usually never a problem. However, when you beat someone and they instantly re-up in the queue, it can be a little frustrating at times. Even if it weren't the main-style of the MPA it would be a nice feature to request a fight with someone in particular, along with the head to head queue.

That's also about the only complaint I've heard from most of the people I've managed to drag in there. I 100% prefer the new style MPA over the old DA due to alt tards and long flight times, though it's nice to see who you're up against / fighting with.

Nonetheless, coming from a guy that spends more time in there than the majority of players, (that i can see everyday) it was just a thought.
Why fix it if it ain't broken right?