Author Topic: VKB MCG Stick available on pre-order  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: VKB MCG Stick available on pre-order
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 01:39:53 AM »
That looks so sturdy that you should quite easily build a forearm rest to be attached to that.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 06:38:51 AM »
The Thrustmaster Warthog stick mounts to the Base without any adapters. Every time I see a Warthog base it reminds me of how much time I spent trying to get the Sticktion issue fixed. 'Uggh'

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »
Looks like the new Gunfighter stick and some other things related to it are pushed back a month to Dec 1.  Anyone who pre ordered will likely get the same email letter today.  If you didn't pre order but were still waiting, this is the gist of it, and I can understand their reasons and am sticking with them still, especially after using their pedals over a year now, which are still my favs over 2 other custom and 3 factory pairs of pedals.

VKB HQ shared with me today that they are not going to make it in time for the shipping date of November 1 as initially envisioned.

The main reason is debugging the various different firmware elements for the multiple different MCG variants to be programmed, tested, and injected into the Printed Circuit Boards (PCB). This enormous task is slowing things down more than expected.

A word from VKB HQ:
"We are here to humbly offer our apologies to our loyal, trusting, devoted customers.The only reason we breach our promise is that we are determined to give you a product that works flawlessly. As you can see in the picture below, the grip is totally ready to be marketed - hardware wise. However, creating flesh out of mud is one thing, but blowing life into it is something different and this is what we are doing now. It is not going to take long, but it will still take some time.We work 15 hours a day, both our HQ and supporting engineers worldwide. Please don't give up on us, we're doing our best to hurry up."

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »
got the email today.  maybe fortuitous to my upcoming plans  :bolt:

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 04:28:34 PM »
At least they're trying to make sure the I's are dotted and T's are crossed before sending them out. It's been an awful long wait but imagine how pissed you'd be after all that wait it was fubar out of the box.

Sigh. Is it December yet?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 06:52:35 PM »
That sums up how I feel - I hate waiting and delays, but I'm impressed that they are at least open about it, and tell their current and future customers the 411 on what's going on.  Sure looks good, all this has done is make me want it more.  I'll be checking the days to Dec1 too.  It works out OK for me too, having ordered the Virpil stuff about 10 days ago, but they just emailed me 2 days ago informing me they had actually shipped it (maybe they needed to construct, not sure, but they are great with comms, I caught an error on their website and they were really greatful about pointing out the missing prices/sales buttons for one item).  So, by the time it gets here, it'll give me a full month to wring the Virpil stick out, and be able to get a better impression of the differences with the VKB Gunfighter, which is quite similar to the T50 in a lot of ways.

Still - REALLY want a look at a more advanced version of the VKB throttle, and I hope we get that sooner than later.

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 09:37:45 AM »
  It works out OK for me too, having ordered the Virpil stuff about 10 days ago, but they just emailed me 2 days ago informing me they had actually shipped it (maybe they needed to construct, not sure, but they are great with comms, I caught an error on their website and they were really greatful about pointing out the missing prices/sales buttons for one item).  So, by the time it gets here, it'll give me a full month to wring the Virpil stick out, and be able to get a better impression of the differences with the VKB Gunfighter, which is quite similar to the T50 in a lot of ways.

I'm still on the fence but leaning to staying with the VKB stick. I'll probably stop by the Virpil shop in Belarus next week since I'll be there anyway, hopefully they will have their latest T-50 there that I can take a look at.
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2017, 12:11:06 PM »
Wow, Belarus huh.  Hope you enjoy your time, if you can get any pics of the Virpil stuff if they'll let you, maybe post some up here if you can, I'm sure I'm not the only one that'd be interested, very interested in seeing some inside pics.  I'll have their T50 next week, and am going to support them as well as VKB/others, I was so impressed with their customer service with me and my order. 

So, if you do get a chance to visit them, any intel would be appreciated, I bought their pedals based on your info and recommendation, and they instantly became my primary pedals for both AH and DCS/IL2/etc, pushing the Slaw and MFGs down the line. 

My issue with probably preferring the VKB sight unseen with both the Gfighter and T50, is that their base is designed to be used on a table/desk top as well as other options, where as due to the height of the base/gimbal on the T50, you can't really use it on a desktop as it's just way too high.  They have great options (for those unlike me who don't need their forearm/etc planted on the desk a bit for accuracy moving the stick) with those desk elevator clamps, plus the extensions from all the accounts I've read make the T50 a really great piece of kit for floor/cockpit mounts.  I spoke with Virpil about this quite a bit, and there may be some future options for a desktop T50 or future project, just not anytime soon.  Also seeing the pics/video of all the testing and R/D/Engineering Virpil did building their stuff surprised and impressed me.

I still wish there was a Western, as in USA or even up here, company that would get into this custom HOTAS business.  A metal F22/F15/F16/F35/F18/etc choice of interchangeable sticks about the size of the CH sticks, a really great gimbal setup similar to the Russian/European stuff, and a similar throttle, and pedals.  The extra $100 CDN and frequently $50 to $75 USD for shipping, then import/customs fees, is a place where a North American company would have instant advantage in terms of pricing, right out of the gate.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 04:42:33 PM »
dang got an email today saying they will not be available till march of 2018. really????????????????????

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 12:10:09 AM »
dang got an email today saying they will not be available till march of 2018. really????????????????????

This is just for the complete Gladiator Pro Flippz. The MCG is still scheduled for December

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:21 AM »
Yea that is gladiator only Flippz, I think the Gunfighter and MCG are still on for 1DEC. I ended up picking up the new Virpil T-50CM, base and desk mount from the VPC CEO while I was in the Baltics. I’ll give it a try when I get back home.
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »
yeah that's what I ordered wanted a whole one for the cockpit at the house.  I have a rhino 56 now at the house and love my vkb at the office I want one for the house.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Over at the ED forums the VKB rep said they are almost finished an F14 stick for the Gunfighter base.  They were considering a Hornet stick too, but since TM is doing one and is well along with that, reading between the lines it sounded like a gentleman’s agreement to not cut each other’s throats.  Great news IMO, a Tomcat stick to go with a new F14 sim. Wheeee.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2017, 02:46:15 PM »
From what the VKB North American rep is saying on the ED forums, they aren't going to make their Dec 1 deadline - he said "perhaps in Dec of 2017, but not Dec 1 now, as we're having parts made in a large number of different locations".  IMO it'll be 2018 based on what he's been saying.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2017, 08:41:11 AM »
Yea that is gladiator only Flippz, I think the Gunfighter and MCG are still on for 1DEC. I ended up picking up the new Virpil T-50CM, base and desk mount from the VPC CEO while I was in the Baltics. I’ll give it a try when I get back home.
ordered the gun fighter with the  mgc grip.  after looking at measurement and heights I'm not sure the t-50 mongoose will be a good fit for the flight chair I have, and I'm not interested in modding it right now.  plus again the customer service with out a doubt was over the top with VKB.  not to say virpril is not but when you can fire an email off on Saturday evening at 5pm and get answer back less then 20 min later (which I expected to get a return email on Monday) you cant beat that!