Author Topic: VKB MCG Stick available on pre-order  (Read 5110 times)

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
VKB MCG Stick available on pre-order
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
Just an FYI for those that are interested, the VKB MCG joystick is now available for pre-order at VKB North America. Got my order in yesterday but they won't ship for another month.
Elvis
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: VKB MCG Stick available on pre-order
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:45:24 AM »
Ordered mine too. Annoying they've pushed shipping back from August to September to October to now November but from what I hear that's just how they roll! That said I've also heard I won't be disappointed with the quality of what arrives when it finally does. Looking forward to more of the same when their throttle gets further along in development.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
Ditto, picked up the pedals based on info WpnX passed, great product, my fav of the 4 pedals I have.  Looking forward to their throttle someday too.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
ordered mine Sunday am first thing.  love the vkb at the office.  cant wait

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 01:20:00 AM »
I ordered the KG12 too, for 45$ I figured it's worth it just to check it out.  Also, for pre order you don't have to give credit card info or pay until they are in stock.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
I would hold off for the kg12 replica. The one the gunfighter comes with, which I think is the the 40 dollar one, is very light and feels cheap.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »
I bought the gunfighter base only a few months ago when I saw the MCG-Pro coming "soon" hehe. That was more along the lines of the CH fighterstick I've been used to for so long. I saw the KG-12 as cool looking but far less functional than what I need the stick to do. So I put those dollars toward the MCG-Pro.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:23 AM »
What attribues are attractive about these products? Precision, build quality?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »
What I wanted was something without pots. The gunfighter base is extremely well built. All metal gimbal and hall effect type sensors. So no pots to wear out or get dirty. Much higher resolution in movement too. Figure it'll be the last stick I ever have to buy.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Oh and I'd add that it's very user configurable. Comes with many different spring sets and a set of guides with a different slope so that you can really tweak it as you'd like.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »
Thank you. Is it important that they look 'realistic' (modelled on real versions) or is the feel more important?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »
It happens the stick grip I'm buying, the MCG-Pro, is modeled after the Russian Flanker fighter stick. What it looks like means little to me. I'm not looking at it while I'm flying after all. I needed more buttons and hats as that's what I'm used to. And I'd rather have a few more than not enough. Saves typing!

Their system is modular. You can put different grips on their bases. There are extensions if you have a simpit. They have short production runs--they sell out quick! So I bought the gunfighter base a while back knowing this mcg grip was in the works. They're also planning left handed versions for you lefties and those that use two sticks for space sims. They have another grip in the works that's more space sim specific. And a new modular throttle system coming next year. Not a whole lot of info on that yet.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 05:21:32 PM »
what drano said and there customer service is a A+ top notch.  probably the best I have seen in any industry in a while.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
Pre Ordered the Gunfighter with MCG PRO and MCG PRO for my Ver. 1 Gladiator Pro. Still not sure if I needed the Gunfighter but the Friction adjust seems like something neat to play around with. I did not like the handle that came with the Gladiator at first but once I got used to it, its pretty nice. I did break the plastic trigger  but it came with a metal one (they know your gonna break it eventually). I was looking at this other Stick that is very similar to the MCG but has a more convenient adjust for  Pitch and Roll. They also make a neat looking holder for the stick and throttle that way it can sit low. It has a cheaper price but not made for desktop use.  Based on Modern Russian Fighter Jet Controls
https://virpil.com/en/shop/see-all/vpc-mangoost-50-grip-vpc
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:40:32 PM by yipi »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
I talked to the Virpil guy last week, as I wanted to pick up one of his T50 sticks to compared it to the VKB once it's out.

The problem with it for my use is the dimensions.  It's designed only to be used in their elevator-type desk clamp deal, OR with a stick extension in a home cockpit.  It's too high to use on your desk, as they had old pictures of a Warthog type plate you could mount the stick too, but when I spoke to him he said that didn't work out well, as the stick and box that holds the gimbal/control unit is just too high.  Using it on a desk is pretty much impossible.  So, be aware of that with the Virpil, you need to use their desk clamp deal or an extension and have it on the floor, both of which I don't like as I hate having my forearm and elbow hanging in the air or on an armrest, I prefer them on the desk a bit.  Otherwise, from the 2 guys I know that have the T50, they've said it's so overbuilt it's almost like a warhammer.  I'll post pics my friend took of it as he took at all the way apart as he's a firearm machinist himself, and wanted to see the workmanship.  It's fantastic, best he's seen he said and the pics prove it, and he said it'll out live him, easily, and has it in his F4 home built cockpit.

You also have to buy the desk mount for the stick, and of course for your throttle as you can't have the stick on a mount and the throttle on the desk, as you'd have to sit at a 45 degree angle or so to reach both, heh.  I'll link pics from their website of various cockpit setups, fantastic.  Some various stick height options too.  If I could fly with my arm/elbow/etc off the desk, I'd be using one of these in a flash.  You can buy the stick to fit the WH base, but 1/2 the quality and precision, if not 9/10 really, comes from their base.

https://virpil.com/en/gallery

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:01:39 PM by Gman »