Author Topic: saved TM settings on thottle in VR  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Airchill

• Zinc Member
saved TM settings on thottle in VR
« on: October 06, 2017, 07:30:53 PM »
Does anyone else have issue with saving settings while in VR like with a secondary throttle controller? I can get the buttons to save but the axis do not.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: saved TM settings on thottle in VR
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 09:17:56 PM »
Which function are you trying to assign to an axis?

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 03:47:55 PM »
My experience with axis is you save them in game.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 05:44:32 PM »
Think only 1 controller can be used with Axis at a time? Thats how I took your question anyway :headscratch: Settings in VR are separate from non VR settings. 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 07:20:01 AM »
If you have like a xbox controller, it use to rob the analog signals from your joystick.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:46 AM »
it is not possible to have 2 throttles controllers mapped to the same throttle input.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 08:31:58 AM »
it is not possible to have 2 throttles controllers mapped to the same throttle input. Unless you are mapping the max, min to throttle decrease and throttle increase, I.E. using the analog like buttons.

HiTech

Offline Airchill

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »
Sorry my previous post was not clear. I use a twisty stick for my plane surface controls and a separate controller for my throttle and other controls due to the available extra buttons I can use. SO I have the axis for the throttle on the secondary controller, and that same axis on the twisty remains unused.

But, it finally saved and is working fine now, I have no idea what did it.
Also the settings in my folder did not carry over for when I started using VR, it would be nice if one didn't have to reset everything again on a controller to use VR.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
Sorry my previous post was not clear. I use a twisty stick for my plane surface controls and a separate controller for my throttle and other controls due to the available extra buttons I can use. SO I have the axis for the throttle on the secondary controller, and that same axis on the twisty remains unused.

But, it finally saved and is working fine now, I have no idea what did it.
Also the settings in my folder did not carry over for when I started using VR, it would be nice if one didn't have to reset everything again on a controller to use VR.

You can copy your control mapping files to a file with the same name except preface it with VR_

HiTech

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 12:27:02 AM »
I had a similar expierance and maybe that's a problem.
I had pedal axis ( toe ) set to wheel breaks and they stopped working.
When i checked in mapping, they were mapped, input was read ( numbers changed ) yet brakes didn't work.
I also thought it wasn't saving, turned out to be something else. My son plugged in xbox controller to PC to play with something, and that mapped the brake pedals to one of the controls and seems to have priority over rudder. Once unplugged, problem went away.

Offline Airchill

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »
Thanks for the replys everything is working great. One thing though, I start with opening oculus then select aces high through the VR interface. I save the game films while ingame with VR. I do not know how to access the films though. The regular film viewer I have with the non VR install of course doesn't show any films available. Where they go?

Thanks for any help

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 02:34:46 PM »
Look here C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\films.