Author Topic: Lt. Virgal "Sandy" Sansing - P-51B IV-C - 359th FG, 369th FS - AH3 Update  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
This is the last of my Mustangs to undergo a facelift.   I've pretty much reached the limit of my capabilities without some major experimentation to improve.   Hopefully I will learn a few things and can work through my stable one by one yet again.  I have the worst luck with screenshots, but these will have to do.

We started like this in AH2.........................

Here we are now...

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:32:57 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
I like it. Looks great.

As for "reaching the limits of your capabilities": I've said it before - start skinning a new type of plane. You will encounter new challenges that will naturally cause you to experiment. Therefore, you will learn new tricks that you can apply to your old skins.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
 :aok

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I like it. Looks great.

Thank you!

As for "reaching the limits of your capabilities": I've said it before - start skinning a new type of plane. You will encounter new challenges that will naturally cause you to experiment. Therefore, you will learn new tricks that you can apply to your old skins.

There's some wisdom in those words.   But that said...........until I figure out this NMF stuff I'm not sure changing airplanes will help me.   In any event, if I set these Mustangs aside for awhile at least they are in a usable form now.   E9-V needs new invasion stripes and Ding Hao! needs some paint chips, but otherwise I think I can give them a rest for a bit.

Need to think of what skin would interest me next...   
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:36:04 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Well done V,  nice work
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
That's a big improvement Vraciu, the metal looks a lot more like metal now.

If you make a list of other planes you'd like to skin then myself and other skinners can give some feedback about the advantages or disadvantages of each.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
That's a big improvement Vraciu, the metal looks a lot more like metal now.

If you make a list of other planes you'd like to skin then myself and other skinners can give some feedback about the advantages or disadvantages of each.

Thanks, Greebo, on both counts. 

Are there any that need help?   I had considered the P-38 but I don't want to do one that will be wiped out with a 3D model change. 

Your FM-2 sure as inspired me.   I scored some kills in CV defense with it last tour.   :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:21:32 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
The plan at the moment is for HTC to update all the really old AH1-era stuff before starting on the AH2 models. I say at the moment because HTC do tend to change their future plans from time to time, as with the P-38 series. So unless they change their mind again we can expect to see (though not in this order) the A-20G/Boston, Ar-234, Ju-88A-4, Ki-67, Me-163 and Tempest next. Recently Waffle has been updating models at a rate of about one a month, although bombers take longer than fighters. So that is roughly the next six months taken care of, although if HTC decide to change something else in the game that needs artwork then Waffle might have to take a break from new aircraft in order to do this. After that my guess is HTC will tackle the early AH2 stuff including the B-17, B-24, Ki-84, P-38s, P-47s, Spits, 109s and 190s. So if you want to start on a shape that will have a future of more than a year or two I'd probably avoid all the above.

If you really like skinning bare metal planes that doesn't leave a lot. The B-29, Ki-43 and Ki-61 are all that come to mind. However all three of those have active skinners.

Edit: The B-26 is a fairly recent shape that has no one skinning for it at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:59:04 AM by Greebo »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Not sure I particularly like metal skins, but NMF is a challenge.   (I am slowly getting better but the lightbulb hasn't come on just yet.)  I definitely have better luck with OD planes for sure. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:13:32 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lt. Virgal "Sandy" Sansing - P-51B IV-C - 359th FG, 369th FS - AH3 Update
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »
Well done V,  nice work

Thank you, bro.   :salute
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Lt. Virgal "Sandy" Sansing - P-51B IV-C - 359th FG, 369th FS - AH3 Update
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 04:01:15 PM »
Looks good!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”
The Damned