Author Topic: Engine cut off  (Read 590 times)

Offline pxdig

• Copper Member
Engine cut off
« on: October 15, 2017, 09:18:58 PM »
As I was playing the game tonight (poorly) I noticed every time I removed or adjusted my headset the planes engine would cut off.  It would automatically restart when I put them back on.  Anyone else ??

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Engine cut off
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »
Yep. Hoping it's just the sound and not losing any performance.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 01:52:11 AM »
You get the same sort of thing in film viewer as well. I believe it happens because the distance to engine noise changes? Or, just an auto "resetv" command after the swap? All I know is that it has been happening for a LONG time, even before VR.  As I see it, the engine never cuts off, it just has the "engine start sound" adjusting. It makes sense to me as switching from VR to desktop could change the noise parameters? Maybe try it again,  but this time un check "auto swap mode". Even turn it on, if you have it checked already. May not be the problem but doesnt hurt to check!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 06:28:54 AM »
VR has always had sound break up issues in ah.  They are not very common.