Author Topic: Pulled the trigger  (Read 3311 times)

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
Re: Pulled the trigger
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 02:19:33 AM »
Sik1,
How are you liking the new stick? I'm thinking of getting one if the VKB MCG gets pushed back much further. How long did shipping take?
Thanks,
Elvis
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »
I love the new stick. I ordered it back in July before it was released for sale, so I waited about two months before it was shipped. Once I was notified that it was shipping it took a couple of weeks to arrive at my door.

It would appear that demand for their stick has exceeded their expectations from what I've read in the blog, so I don't know what kind of lead time you would be looking at before they can ship. Also watch the exchange rate, you can pick the stick up for a really good price if the dollar is strong.

At this point the only thing I would change would be to make the button under the thumb a four way hat with push. Not that I don't have enough buttons and switches, (I think I still have two unassigned) it's just that I'm use to having a hat there.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 09:04:19 PM »
SIK have you ever posted any pictures of your simpit? Id be interested in seeing some if you dont mind.

Joe, this is what I finished up this evening. I still have a few minor tweaks to do on the chair part. I plan on building a base to tie the pedals in with the chair, but I think the chair is pretty much how I plan to fly it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 09:09:50 PM »
Very nice! Your going to have to make a video to show how you get in and out of that thing!  :devil

I hate building on to a chair as they dont seem to last more than a year or two for me. Id be rebuilding it all the time.

Keep us posted!

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 10:05:05 PM »
Very nice! Your going to have to make a video to show how you get in and out of that thing!  :devil

I hate building on to a chair as they dont seem to last more than a year or two for me. Id be rebuilding it all the time.

Keep us posted!

You just open the door and sit down.

:salute
Sik

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 09:02:05 AM »