Author Topic: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?  (Read 17199 times)

Offline Chewie

• Copper Member
FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:28:22 PM »
What if ACES switch to a FREE to play-every time you log in you watch a 60 second commercial and HTC gets the proceeds from an advertister.  I beat free to play FOREVER would attract a lot of players.   It would be like Facebook, People FREE, Advertisers chasing customers ie gamers to advertise pay for my play.  Something like, Crackle Free-website, just watch a few commercials. This way the noobies could put money into there rigs-headsets, joysticks etc instead of 15.00 a month to play.    :x  Love to see our numbers back up to 600 in the MA on a Friday night fighting to get in.  Just a thought.  Chewie, Bish. 
23 Years MO Air Guard.  C-130s.  5 Years USMC Aviation. "Sir! I flunked Flank School!"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:41:12 PM »
What advertiser would pay the equivalent of 15$ per month per player for that?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »
What if ACES switch to a FREE to play-every time you log in you watch a 60 second commercial and HTC gets the proceeds from an advertister.  I beat free to play FOREVER would attract a lot of players.   It would be like Facebook, People FREE, Advertisers chasing customers ie gamers to advertise pay for my play.  Something like, Crackle Free-website, just watch a few commercials. This way the noobies could put money into there rigs-headsets, joysticks etc instead of 15.00 a month to play.    :x  Love to see our numbers back up to 600 in the MA on a Friday night fighting to get in.  Just a thought.  Chewie, Bish.

your already at AH.....that is what the ad is for, to get you to come to AH

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:51:23 PM »
free to play concept is proven, and not the you are free to play by yourself in your own server method.
WW2 Online has solid fights going when I just tried it, and its obviously a subpar game, but it has free play for lower ranks.  People enjoy the game and they pay for it. 
This is beating a dead horse though, I think if early war planes were free, we'd have much better numbers.  I for one would probably be one of the veterans that just stick to early war though.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »
'Our Base Is Under Attack' in-game warning could be replaced with audio advertisements.   :banana:

*Edit* Almost forgot.  Add real-time bill-boards in towns.  :aok

Coogan
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:23:16 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 03:16:08 PM »
Guys, there is no easy fix to the current situation.

Lets think about this harder? Maybe we can come up with something that isn't done currently?

Free to play as a model was unheard of back before 2000.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 03:54:35 PM »
Why dont we put AHIII on stream?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 03:58:43 PM »
TEMP OFF TOPIC:
_____________________________ _____________________________ __________
Chewie's sig -"Sir! I flunked Flank School!"
  :salute Chewie and your service, I'm just curious what that quote means.  :salute
BACK TO TOPIC,,,,,,,,,,
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »
I think that, while this is a magnificent game, it's a niche game. There just aren't as many WW2 junkies as there used to be, and also there is always new eye candy out there to seduce those who have the attention spans of a dog in a yard full of squirrels. I hope it gets better, but as we get older, I'm afraid the numbers may continue to drop.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Warty

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »
I like the free to play idea.  Just make sure that it has in cockpit pop up ads that activate 1 second after you depress fire button.

Seriously though, the pay to play is and always has been a barrier to entry. Many people I talk to won't even consider it once they hear $15 per month. Not even try it. So some model that could bring those people along would be good. And if the mobile app world has taught us anything it's that people are willing to pay a lot for gaming. It just has to take advantage of their human emotions. So HTC doesn't need to lose money on it. I just hope they keep the $15 per month model for the rest of us. 

You can sell all kinds of things with micro transactions. Air launch near combat and save fly out time for $.25 or 5 for $1.00. And obviously you don't say $.25 you say 100 gems or whatever, and sell them gems. And yeah you let them buy the high ENY planes with it. Price the rest of us may have to pay to have more targets.

Just don't do the "upgrade" thing. Do that and it's no longer a sim of any kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 09:58:08 PM »
What if ACES switch to a FREE to play-every time you log in you watch a 60 second commercial and HTC gets the proceeds from an advertister.

AAAUUUGH!  NOOOO!   Pre-play commercials like that are the scourge of the internet everywhere!   :furious
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 10:02:31 PM »
TEMP OFF TOPIC:
Chewie's sig -"Sir! I flunked Flank School!"
  :salute Chewie and your service, I'm just curious what that quote means.  :salute
BACK TO TOPIC,,,,,,,,,,

Scene from History of the World Part 1. Classic Mel Brooks . "Get the flunk out of here!"
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline kingpen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 04:36:33 AM »
i last played on here under a name other than kingpen a year ago tried to play and my system could no longer work the program  that was disconcerting but guess i just need to update  anyone know if 0Rick still plays  Notar sfox  all my old squaddies :cry

Offline Chewie

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 06:12:26 AM »
Thank you Halo46, and BBQSam, 23 years military service, 28 year overall (break in service).  Retired last Dec from the 139th Air Wing, St. Joseph MO.  And the quote-yes, Mel Brooks, History of the world part one.  Military intelligence-contradiction in terms.   :devil
23 Years MO Air Guard.  C-130s.  5 Years USMC Aviation. "Sir! I flunked Flank School!"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 08:00:11 AM »
Don't know what the answer is for attracting new players, but the first time I see a commercial in AH is the last time I play AH.   :old:
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?