Author Topic: I think  (Read 2896 times)

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
Re: I think
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 12:48:58 AM »
I came back.
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 08:35:35 AM »
Then fly the scenario today  :D
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
Well hell.... I'll admit it..i remember  you cut67 <S> welcome back
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »
Well hell.... I'll admit it..i remember  you cut67 <S> welcome back
<S>

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 10:17:35 PM »
Think I'm going to have to leave again. At this point and time in the condition of the game it is not worth the 15 dollars a month to fight against 100 players who all sit in GV's and provide an even lower amount of players flying in the air. Sorry but this game needs a boost of popularity or its doomed. I loved this game when I was younger and flew the crap out of it when it used to be hundreds upon hundreds of people playing. It breaks my heart to see the game in this state, with such low player count it seems to promote people dweebing out in GV's and taking bases that way. Upon my return I have had 1 encounter with an enemy plane while I was in a bomber. Sorry but its not worth it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 03:29:32 AM »
Think I'm going to have to leave again. At this point and time in the condition of the game it is not worth the 15 dollars a month to fight against 100 players who all sit in GV's and provide an even lower amount of players flying in the air. Sorry but this game needs a boost of popularity or its doomed. I loved this game when I was younger and flew the crap out of it when it used to be hundreds upon hundreds of people playing. It breaks my heart to see the game in this state, with such low player count it seems to promote people dweebing out in GV's and taking bases that way. Upon my return I have had 1 encounter with an enemy plane while I was in a bomber. Sorry but its not worth it.

Cut67, it always amazes me at posts like yours above....

People all know that I seldom ever fly the MA for nearly 9 years

But I seriously have to call BS on your above post, reason being, I'm known to pop in at any given time of the day or night and I have yet to have trouble finding action whether it's helping take a base, defending a base, doing buff runs or my favorite: furballing and dogfighting.....

People need to open their eyes and learn to read the map to find your fun (especially during off peak hours)....but the fights and fun is and has always been there....

If I get in a situation where I might want a fight, I'll challenge people to up and come kill me (it is quite easy to do these days, ROFL)

And to all the people who come here and makes posts like the above. You all need to learn to expand your AH experience besides just the MA!

Y'all seem to have a one track mindset and think that the MA is the only thing that AH has to offer, in which you are only experiencing just the top of the iceberg...there is so much more that most never bother to even try once...

Nuff Said!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 03:50:49 AM »
Cut67, it always amazes me at posts like yours above....

People all know that I seldom ever fly the MA for nearly 9 years

But I seriously have to call BS on your above post, reason being, I'm known to pop in at any given time of the day or night and I have yet to have trouble finding action whether it's helping take a base, defending a base, doing buff runs or my favorite: furballing and dogfighting.....

People need to open their eyes and learn to read the map to find your fun (especially during off peak hours)....but the fights and fun is and has always been there....

If I get in a situation where I might want a fight, I'll challenge people to up and come kill me (it is quite easy to do these days, ROFL)

And to all the people who come here and makes posts like the above. You all need to learn to expand your AH experience besides just the MA!

Y'all seem to have a one track mindset and think that the MA is the only thing that AH has to offer, in which you are only experiencing just the top of the iceberg...there is so much more that most never bother to even try once...

Nuff Said!

TC
Yes, let me go out of my way to run loops around the game to make it somewhat playable for a paying experience. Like I said  before I loved this game. But it's just fading out slowly. Sucks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 03:54:01 AM »
[...] to fight against 100 players who all sit in GV's and provide an even lower amount of players flying in the air. [...] seems to promote people dweebing out in GV's and taking bases that way.

Most bases are indeed taken by vehicles as far as the troops are concerned.
However, while there are some local spikes (especiall during low numbers time), GV's generally make up only about a quarter of "inflight" activities per tour. Three quarters are airborne.

:old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 03:56:08 AM »

Unless you are a US prime time player the MA is basically all what's available. Every other place is empty.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 04:12:06 AM »
Lusche, you know I'm referring to all special events, WW1 arena, the DA in its new configuration, and I repeat, if you are really wanting to fight, you should be able to find one...out of all my years here, I've never had a problem finding FUN, or a fight, even if their was just 12 people online in the MA during off hours...

That's why cut67's post amazes & baffles me at the same time, when I have experienced nothing like he posted since it was just NB, Lonz, HiTech, Pyro, Nomde and me during beta back in 1999.....and with just 5 online, we still were having fun

Got to go, am 9 minutes late starting my Daily Bible study

~S~  and is great to see you back Lusche

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 04:34:50 AM »
Lusche, you know I'm referring to all special events, WW1 arena, the DA in its new configuration...

All other arenas are dead outside US primetime. I literally haven't seen anyone in the AvA in years now. All other arenas are always empty too. Ask Nshida who's been sitting in the MPA for hours waiting for someone else to show up ;). The only arena I rarely see people in is WW1, very late during my evenings or in the night, after the MA has been reset. Special events during Euro hours are relatively rare, we don't have something like FSO (which is 'it' as I was often told)
That's just how it is. For many players, the MA is the last bastion of Aces High. (For myself, it always had beent he sole reason to play AH).

I repeat, if you are really wanting to fight, you should be able to find one...out of all my years here, I've never had a problem finding FUN, or a fight, even if their was just 12 people online in the MA during off hours

I congratulate you on this. Seriously and without any sarcasm.
However, that's not the gameplay many of us were/are looking for. I for one always have been here for the chaotic and dynamic large sandbox battlefield. I'm not very interested in having the occasional duel. That's not my fun at all. So I'm not even bothering logging in during what used to be my standard hours anymore, which unfortunately makes me contributing to the problem.

~S~  and is great to see you back Lusche

Thank you very much  :)
But it turns out playing at 3am ain't that good for my health, so I won't stay. Just going to finish the Scenario I foolishly signed up for :noid

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 05:14:56 AM »
I guess I could give a little and assume that my times of logging in at any given time of the day or night was a 50/50 flip of the coin chance that I was lucky enough to not have trouble finding any FUN....

http://ahevents.net/index.php/events/this-day-in-wwii?task=view&id=607

Δ
¦
¦

TDI special events are often run 2 times a Euro friendly time and then an US prime time...

The above link is for the one coming up in November, if I am correct

Same goes for the KOTH events....the KOTH CM's hold an Euro time KOTH as well as an US prime time event

I know that the CM Staff have even held conversations discussing trying to possibly help make FSO more Euro time friendly...

BTW, I'm glad that you joined this current scenario

People should come as a walkon this coming Saturday and try and show up by 2:30pm EDT to see if you might be able to get the ride you want to fly....

Have a Blessed Day and Cheers,

TC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
All other arenas are dead outside US primetime. Ask Nshida who's been sitting in the MPA for hours waiting for someone else to show up ;).

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 02:52:59 PM »
Cut67, looking at the profile icon, I was hoping you were Scot12B, my ole squadee who gave me my callsign.  :pray

Another guess 69Charger, being replaced by 67Cutlass.....  (I've been inhaling my share of exhaust recently)  :uhoh

Well, come on back and join the FUSS on channel 200, so we can officially welcome you back sir!