Author Topic: Settings not holding after updates  (Read 1032 times)

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
Settings not holding after updates
« on: October 29, 2017, 07:49:52 AM »
Well some of you know me as Bro06562(Bro). Been around for a long time but sorta new to OCULUS. Really enjoy it but must say I have ceased trying to play aces high for a few months now because I never got an answere to why my settings(controls) vanish every single time the game updates not to mention skins,gunsights. Just simply had enough until the bug struck me to try again today and I thought,....the guys. Ask the guys and all will be right again.
So what gives for the average Joe to survive updates and stay with the curve? :old:
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Settings not holding after updates
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »
Be aware there are two versions of AH.  One you can download straight to your PC from AH homepage and the other is the one that installs from the oculus site.

The oculus site program can have its problems so most do not use that one.  Download the game from htc site, then when you click on AH icon it will ask you if you want to use oculus.

Also note the oculus setting for like joystick and gunsights are separate from AH setting played without oculus.

Second if you change out controlers such as going from a steering wheel to a joystick that might give you problems

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »
Yes, sort of a buzz kill. I have never had that happen  :confused: As Randy mentioned, use the Auto updater through HighTech. Occulus Library has been a bit wonky. Sorry about the NON ANSWER, not many post in Vr side go un answered, so sorry I missed yours. I am nobody,just an avid player that likes to help all I can. Like most of us here :rock Oh, one other point on settings....VR has its own settings SEPARATE  from standard AH3 settings folders. So, changes in VR settings will not change in standard version(non VR) and vice versa :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:59:02 AM »
AH use too reassign your joystick setting if you install an xbox controller device.  There was a change a few weeks ago that may have fixed that but not sure.

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »
Thanks guys,..I had been getting frustrated over it so I dabbled a bit after the input here and other threads and found that the DX11 version would allow VR when attempted on its own and my controls and what not are safe and sound there even after a full update of that version from my desktop. Even dabbled with video card setting from another thread and am glad to say I have returned to the land of milk and honey.
Not sure why this app will not maintain its information with OCULUS after updates. Elite has no such issues from my library so perhaps that issue will also be a thing of the past in the near future.
Thank you for the very good advice that steered me back to fun town.

"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »
 :aok NO PROBLEM....well now :D    :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »
Microphone boost isn't holding it's setting once I leave the game. Keep on having to go into Voice and bump it up. Kinda annoying but I can live with it.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »
Microphone boost isn't holding it's setting once I leave the game. Keep on having to go into Voice and bump it up. Kinda annoying but I can live with it.

That seems to be a common issue even without VR.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 07:21:46 AM »

I have only ran into that if I unplug the VR or headsset.