Author Topic: Flight Control Settings  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Flight Control Settings
« on: November 03, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
I need help with subjet item.  My computer bit the dust and flamed out.  I got a new puter but I cannot get the controls set up.  I have the CH Fighterstick, chpro throttle and ch pro pedals.  Can some one post the correct procedure for setting up these controls.  Thanks. :pray

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Flight Control Settings
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 05:08:11 PM »
Goto,options,controls,map controls.  It's as simple as pressing a button or switch and double click on the highlighted item then select the function.

If you goto map keys you will see a virtual KB and the submenues will tell you the key press and functions.

The basics should be mapped,pitch and roll and if you have a twist stick the yaw. to map rudder pedals,select the pedals in the input device,upper right and set up the yaw axis,same if you have a throttle,select throttle and map as you would the JS.

It's very simple once you know were to look!

:salute

PS: once you have your controls setup,save a copy of the settings folder to a zipdrive or a hosting service,I use Gmail and a zipdrive in case I cant find the zipdrive,then you can setup a comp in a few seconds!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 05:17:40 PM »
Also, calibrate your controllers in Windows and Aces High.

Let us know if you're still having problems, I assume you have Win10 now.

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »
Thank you morfiend and FLS I am up and running.  Now where can I calibrate in windows?  :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 12:15:31 AM »
Thank you morfiend and FLS I am up and running.  Now where can I calibrate in windows?

Depends what version of Windows you're using.  It used to be easy:  "game controllers" was an icon in control panel.  Now in Windows 10 you can either type "set up game controllers" in the little windows search box in the lower left corner of your screen, or you can go to control panel -> all control panel items -> devices and printers -> then right click on your joystick or rudder pedals (or throttle or joystick) icon and choose "game controller settings."  That should bring up a familiar panel, but if you forgot how, highlight your device, click "properties," then "settings," "calibrate," do what it says, apply it, then go on to the next controller.

I've always done the Windows calibration first, then the AH calibration (which is far easier).

- oldman

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 04:27:14 AM »
Thanks Oldman.   :salute

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
just download the CH manager off the website and go from there.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 09:36:22 AM »
You can also get to it by typing "joy.cpl" in the Windows search or run box.  Should work for nearly all versions of Windows.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 03:18:24 PM »
My CH controllers seem to work fine using default Windows drivers (Win 10) and simply calibrating in game.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 09:36:19 PM »
My CH controllers seem to work fine using default Windows drivers (Win 10) and simply calibrating in game.

So did mine.  :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »
My Saitek drivers would cause me problems in AH. I had to uninstall those.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain