Author Topic: Saitek X52 controller mapping for VR  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X52 controller mapping for VR
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:24:35 AM »
What's your X52 setup like?

Trying to get as many buttons as possible on my X52 stick and throttle to keep my hands off the keyboard.

Suggestions?

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Saitek X52 controller mapping for VR
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 10:27:55 AM »
I would add a AH "Mode" change button so that you can take advantage of all four modes in AH controller section.  This lets you set up a bomber as an example using the hat switch for gun positions and other buttons for calibration.

Most of us use the hat switch in fighter mode to look, up or forward-up, left or left back, back-up and right or right-back.

You have to have a VR center button.

My squad mate uses voice-attack.  I like using a thrustmaster "cougar" Panel that you caan program using "TARGET" software.  The panel is mounted low so I can see past my nose to select a button like for salvo-5.

Offline Avman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:51:02 AM »
This may not work for you, but its what I use. It gives me most of the buttons I use on a regular basis.
I use an X52 Pro and the Throttle Quadrant.
I also use the two mouse buttons and scroll wheel on the throttle. Menu Selection and Left/Right Clicks.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:54:20 AM by Avman »
AKAvMAN of the Arabian Knights

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 02:09:10 PM »
YEP, all the buttons mapped makes it more "USER FRIENDLY" :rock BUT.....You may want to check out "VOICE ATTACK" they have a free version where you can map functions to your voice, and windows voice recognition. It requires some training, for the program to recognize your speech, but the MIC set up in windows walks you through it. It is just easier for me than trying to remember mappings for things I dont use that often, like bombers. I just say "SALVO 6" and Voice Attack puts keystrokes in for me and VIOLA :cheers: The trial has 25 functions or so , the pay version has lots but 25 was all I needed. Just something you could try....Makes me feel like Clint Eastwood in "FIRE FOX", only I can use E :English instead of Russian :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »
YEP, all the buttons mapped makes it more "USER FRIENDLY" :rock BUT.....You may want to check out "VOICE ATTACK" they have a free version where you can map functions to your voice, and windows voice recognition. It requires some training, for the program to recognize your speech, but the MIC set up in windows walks you through it. It is just easier for me than trying to remember mappings for things I dont use that often, like bombers. I just say "SALVO 6" and Voice Attack puts keystrokes in for me and VIOLA :cheers: The trial has 25 functions or so , the pay version has lots but 25 was all I needed. Just something you could try....Makes me feel like Clint Eastwood in "FIRE FOX", only I can use E :English instead of Russian :rofl

VoiceAttack looks interesting.
Is there a time limit for the free verion?

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »
Not that I am aware of, been using it since March this year... :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »
I don't think there is a time limitation, it's either 20 or25 actions and 1 profile.
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 10:15:49 AM »
I don't think there is a time limitation, it's either 20 or25 actions and 1 profile.

I believe you're right.  According to their website, trial is limited to one profile and 20 commands.
That's plenty for me.. 

Coogan  :cheers:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear