Author Topic: sensor tilted  (Read 1542 times)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
sensor tilted
« on: November 12, 2017, 07:36:42 AM »
11-11-15 I notice I'm kinda twisted to the left, what ever recenter....... through the evening its getting more and more annoying as I am having to recenter every three secs. it seems.  during a fight I notice I cant look over the nose of my favorite ride and recentering is no longer really working.  I spent an hour trying to get the look forward button to work.  I then went to the oculs setting and was gonna reset all my views until I find a red exclamation mark near my sensor.  the warning stated the sensor was tilted or to far away.  I worked on this issue from 11:30 pm to 1 am.  it will not let me move past the recenter part of the steps.  eventually I was gonna wipe my c: drive clean and do a reinstall.  I find a button in oculus exe. file which states Repair, how handy is that?  I press the repair button and low and behold it goes through a reboot of the oculus and down loads a update and installs.  restart the computer and its better than before, flew for an hour afterwards and never had a issue or had to center.  just a heads up if you are experiencing this or have issues in the future.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: sensor tilted
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:52:19 AM »
I haven't seen that error yet thankfully, good to know how to fix it!!   :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:35:48 PM »
Never had that happen? Was it a USB error? I did get that once, wasnt an USB3 and computer let it go to sleep,or something. Glad you figured it out! Thats exactly what I would have told you to try though :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 06:47:33 AM »
never gave me a warning. kept getting worse.  never even saw the sensor warning for the vr until I got to digging for the reason it would not recenter.  but on a weird note I ordered the touch sensors and it comes with a new sensor?  so I have a spare if ever I need it

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:21:01 AM »
Actually you might want to just go ahead and plug that second sensor in. The more you have the better it can see you the less wierd glitchyness you'll see. 

AND then for like roomspace play you can put three sensors around you so it can see you turn around. That's the kind of play where you are standing in the middle of your room for a game that supports that type of play.

I have two sensors on me at all times now so i don't get any glitchyness when i'm moving around, they are pointed at me in a ...like stereo type physical location but also it covers me playing from my desk or the playseat which is near to the desk.  So one's also slightly higher than the other.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 08:35:57 AM »
Actually you might want to just go ahead and plug that second sensor in. The more you have the better it can see you the less wierd glitchyness you'll see. 

AND then for like roomspace play you can put three sensors around you so it can see you turn around. That's the kind of play where you are standing in the middle of your room for a game that supports that type of play.

I have two sensors on me at all times now so i don't get any glitchyness when i'm moving around, they are pointed at me in a ...like stereo type physical location but also it covers me playing from my desk or the playseat which is near to the desk.  So one's also slightly higher than the other.

I use an obutto ozone flight chair with absolutely no room to put stuff as it does not come with a desk top.  my intentions are to move the chair to a facing wall and mount the sensors 6' apart on small audio shelves just have not got around to getting it done. 

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:11:24 AM »

I think they also build sensor wall mounts so you can just unscrew the top of your sensors off with some of the stand and screw them into wall mounts which then attach directly to the wall (no shelf needed)

Just as an option to anyone following this thread i have provided a link of examples.

Mine are sitting on the pc and a table nearby but once i move into another room i'll probably stick 3 of them up directly on the walls.  :aok

https://www.google.com/search?q=oculus+sensor+wall+mounts&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS725US725&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUoM6Ks8jXAhWmsVQKHSfBCyoQsxgIKQ&biw=1487&bih=810

sensors 6' apart on small audio shelves

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »
The Oculus sensors use a standard 1/4-20 camera mount thread so there are many mounting options available.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:08:45 PM »
wow kanth that is great thanks.  those are perfect.  embarrassed to say I am not a outside the box thinker would have never looked for those <S>. 
YOU WIN THE BEST POST OF THE DAY (that don't really get you nothing though)lol

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:48 PM »
glad to help!  :aok   :cheers:

heck ya i'm a winnahhhh!!!!