Author Topic: LVT 2's  (Read 686 times)

Offline buddyshamrock

• Zinc Member
LVT 2's
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:40:36 PM »
Launch 3 lvt's instead of a single. Have it operate like a bomber formation where you can jump from lvt to lvt.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:48:35 PM by buddyshamrock »
Utah

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: LVT 2's
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 06:41:13 AM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 07:18:49 AM »
-1 lvt is fine--get more people to launch lvts.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:54:54 AM »
I don't like this idea but it probably needs to be put in for gameplays' sake.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 08:38:17 AM »
I don't like this idea but it probably needs to be put in for gameplays' sake.
for what game play.

if you want better game play.
get more people to up an LVT. get the pilots to cover lvts get ship gunners to blast town and base.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
LVT raids are a complete massacre atm, that is why.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »
if you want better game play.....get more people .....

-1 for formations....

But Lunatic, that is getting harder and harder to do. . .  When joined a few years ago and numbers were up more consistently, the call over country WOULD get you 3-6 people helping out... Now it's all about the dwindling fights we DO have, and people's valuable time. 

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 01:12:49 PM »
It's sometimes hard enough to maneuver a single LVT through trees... what would happen if you try dragging along 2 drones when you try to squeeze through tree trunks?  Do the drones stop against a trunk, breaking up the formation or do they simply pass right through whatever is in the way?  Or, does the drone jam-up stop the LVT that's clear of trees?  Driving nightmare no matter what happens.

Consider also that every other vehicle/plane capable of carrying troops gets to bring a max of 10 troops... yet this suggestion would allow 30 troops to be brought to a map room.  30 running troops would present a pretty hard task to mow down 21 of them in a couple of passes to save a base take. 

Also, if done to LVT4s (and I know that wasn't the suggestion, just sayin') it would mean 3 boxes of supps, instantly restoring anything with a 30 min downtime.  Some don't like the idea of a single M-3 being able to resupp at all; this would surely make their heads explode.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:14:38 PM by Zener »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »
LVT raids are a complete massacre atm, that is why.

It would still be a complete massacre if the LVTs spawned with drones.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 02:13:51 PM »
Yea, and that makes it even more needed (I still dont like it).

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
It's sometimes hard enough to maneuver a single LVT through trees... what would happen if you try dragging along 2 drones when you try to squeeze through tree trunks?  Do the drones stop against a trunk, breaking up the formation or do they simply pass right through whatever is in the way?  Or, does the drone jam-up stop the LVT that's clear of trees?  Driving nightmare no matter what happens.

Consider also that every other vehicle/plane capable of carrying troops gets to bring a max of 10 troops... yet this suggestion would allow 30 troops to be brought to a map room.  30 running troops would present a pretty hard task to mow down 21 of them in a couple of passes to save a base take. 

Also, if done to LVT4s (and I know that wasn't the suggestion, just sayin') it would mean 3 boxes of supps, instantly restoring anything with a 30 min downtime.  Some don't like the idea of a single M-3 being able to resupp at all; this would surely make their heads explode.

yeah and I didn't even think about this  ^^^