Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42352 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #405 on: December 12, 2017, 02:45:59 PM »
Why would you even say something that silly? I find that anyone of the chess pieces horde at sometime or other. It is not just "Bish horde mentality." Not one chess piece plays any different then any other chess piece. If you take the Icon ID away from people they would not have a clue which chess piece they are playing for.  :headscratch: :old:

The game changed, only the Bish hold on to the "horde" mentality these days tho the other teams can get one going, but back then squads had two wings because they flew with that many guys that the limits were too small and the game was all about grabbing bases faster than the other hordes to get the win.

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #406 on: December 12, 2017, 02:50:06 PM »
If you take the Icon ID away from people they would not have a clue which chess piece they are playing for.  :headscratch: :old:

Actually, I'd take that Pepsi challenge with Bish and Nits.  A Bish horde attempt actually brings troops before the base is ready for capture.  A Nit one doesn't.  Rooks would be harder to identify.  :old:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #407 on: December 13, 2017, 03:27:39 AM »
Vehicle sectors  are bigger by time.

3 miles (vehicle sector size) at 30 mph (vehicle speed) = 6 min.

25 miles  at 300 mph (slow plane speed) = 5 mins.

HiTech

Yes this is true.....but from the dar circle to the center is only 12 miles..........12 miles  at 300 mph (slow plane speed) = 2 1/2 min. kind of way our of per-portion

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:30:37 AM by Dundee »

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #408 on: December 13, 2017, 09:27:34 AM »
An aircraft also has to climb to it's desired altitude.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #409 on: December 13, 2017, 09:41:42 AM »
Yes this is true.....but from the dar circle to the center is only 12 miles..........12 miles  at 300 mph (slow plane speed) = 2 1/2 min. kind of way our of per-portion

You're right, the squares for the vehicles should be smaller to be the same as the aircraft indicator.  Great suggestion Dundee!

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #410 on: December 13, 2017, 10:14:26 AM »
I dont play much, but usually if I was going to hit a base with a GV, I would kill the ord there.  :D

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #411 on: December 13, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »
I dont play much, but usually if I was going to hit a base with a GV, I would kill the ord there.  :D
Stop making sense Sir!  :bhead
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #412 on: December 13, 2017, 03:21:31 PM »
Our game today is played like a group of High Schoolers deciding Saturday morning they will drive up into the mountains to stay overnight at a lake at 8,000ft. So they hop in their cars wearing shorts and T-shirts with odds and ends of camping equipment in their trunks. Along the way some have to stop to pickup things and tell everyone else they will catch up. A few hours later they are strung out by miles between each car heading for the lake. The first groups get there in the middle of the day while the sun is up and start playing in the water. The last groups show up about sundown as the air temp drops 10-15 degrees. No one collected fire wood or put up tents or even checked to see what they had in their trunks. And for some reason, they all forgot to bring a flash light or matches. And their tents haven't been out of the bag since the year before when they stuffed them in the bags in a hurry to get home from a rain storm at the same lake. But,,,,,,,,,,, they have beer, chips, Twinkies, and condoms.

Years ago I remember we had problems with too many hot bomber pilots not waiting for the fighters, GVs, and troops. They wiped out fields and towns before we all got into position out of sync. Now bombers do show up and I'm never sure if they hit anything other than teasing the defenders with the thought of an easy kill. But, back then many of the bomber guys seemed to have the terrains scoped out so they could line up on the target knowing from 10 miles out what path corrections to make to lazer guide bombs onto everything in one pass. Today they seem to always be a bit off and need multiple passes to keep missing targets. Base captures today always seem to be disjointed and out of sync with everyone accomplishing very little yelling at everyone else accomplishing very little what they should be accomplishing. AH3 has turned very individualistic to the point of being it's own worst enemy with players not very skilled in natural team work anymore. Even hoards are disjointed and just the numbers not the players control the combat zone. It's like a herd of Leroy Jenkins out there we call countries....... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #413 on: December 13, 2017, 03:52:49 PM »
Our game today is played like a group of High Schoolers deciding Saturday morning they will drive up into the mountains to stay overnight at a lake at 8,000ft. So they hop in their cars wearing shorts and T-shirts with odds and ends of camping equipment in their trunks. Along the way some have to stop to pickup things and tell everyone else they will catch up. A few hours later they are strung out by miles between each car heading for the lake. The first groups get there in the middle of the day while the sun is up and start playing in the water. The last groups show up about sundown as the air temp drops 10-15 degrees. No one collected fire wood or put up tents or even checked to see what they had in their trunks. And for some reason, they all forgot to bring a flash light or matches. And their tents haven't been out of the bag since the year before when they stuffed them in the bags in a hurry to get home from a rain storm at the same lake. But,,,,,,,,,,, they have beer, chips, Twinkies, and condoms.

Years ago I remember we had problems with too many hot bomber pilots not waiting for the fighters, GVs, and troops. They wiped out fields and towns before we all got into position out of sync. Now bombers do show up and I'm never sure if they hit anything other than teasing the defenders with the thought of an easy kill. But, back then many of the bomber guys seemed to have the terrains scoped out so they could line up on the target knowing from 10 miles out what path corrections to make to lazer guide bombs onto everything in one pass. Today they seem to always be a bit off and need multiple passes to keep missing targets. Base captures today always seem to be disjointed and out of sync with everyone accomplishing very little yelling at everyone else accomplishing very little what they should be accomplishing. AH3 has turned very individualistic to the point of being it's own worst enemy with players not very skilled in natural team work anymore. Even hoards are disjointed and just the numbers not the players control the combat zone. It's like a herd of Leroy Jenkins out there we call countries....... :O

Yep, radio question in too many attacks seems to be ... anybody bring troops ? .....  and crickets
Ground Pounders ...

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #414 on: December 13, 2017, 06:16:26 PM »

With the ammo strat tougher and (usually) harder to get to than before, ord bunker downtime is typically 30 minutes. I've mentioned before that it's hard to get a critical mass of people to each play a part in a base take, so you're right that "I" (as opposed to a teammate who probably won't be available) ought to hit ords before I roll a GV to a base.
Given the likely 30min downtime on the ord bunkers and the typical 7-10min drive to target, are you suggesting then that after I kill the ords at a base I should bail to up my GV? Is that kind of gameplay you encourage?

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #415 on: December 13, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »
Yep, radio question in too many attacks seems to be ... anybody bring troops ? .....  and crickets

Yep. There are definitely fewer folks that go about a mission in a logical, methodical, and efficient way. There are also definitely fewer folks who don't understand the effects of certain actions...

(porking strats associated with given mission goals -
i.e. ord to prevent CV being sunk, or GV's from being bombed, or cap an airfield to suppress defenders in a base take, or fly a goon in the event that an M3 with troops is not an option)

.. And then they wonder why it didn't work.

It takes patience (oh my..  :rolleyes:), coordination, and clear communication. All of which are very lacking, presently.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #416 on: December 14, 2017, 12:56:11 AM »
With the ammo strat tougher and (usually) harder to get to than before, ord bunker downtime is typically 30 minutes. I've mentioned before that it's hard to get a critical mass of people to each play a part in a base take, so you're right that "I" (as opposed to a teammate who probably won't be available) ought to hit ords before I roll a GV to a base.
Given the likely 30min downtime on the ord bunkers and the typical 7-10min drive to target, are you suggesting then that after I kill the ords at a base I should bail to up my GV? Is that kind of gameplay you encourage?

Nope.. just giving the same response ive gotten on m3 resup for years now..

Funny how that works...  :D

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2017, 08:51:49 PM »
Stealth isnt gone. I was hiding in a probable route to town when the Bish horde showed up. Most of my "kills" were bish flying into the ground I did get another along the route, but the M3 got by me and we lost the base. The hunt was on!

An F6 spotted me and started circling to mark me and I started running. Moving from tree group to tree group when the F6 wasnt looking. I finally got out from under him. Still dodgin vehicles I got to a good place to hide out. While the planes couldn't reup.... due to the Bish horde prime operating handbook (scorched earth policy sub section "b") all I had to deal with were GVs. With the hiding and moving they soon gave up and I landed 12 kills.

I suck in GVs and I did ok and had some fun, and believe it or not landed the kills. This change really doesn't hurt GVin, it just changes how we play in GVs. Even the stealth runs to strats can still happen, it just is going to take a bit of skill in your hiding and moving about. GVs have unlimited fuel, planes dont.

Give it a couple months to learn the new tricks.
I've seen that landing of kills!! It was magnificent!!!! Lol I only landed 3 in my panzer  :bhead thank you for pointing out how few my landing's were that night :neener: it was nice to see a well known flyer in a GV I thought for a second I was in an alternate dimension
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #418 on: December 18, 2017, 01:37:16 AM »
Well all I can say is the GVDar still sucks...

But the offside to it is now my GV ranking is much higher because fewer want to do it...and I'm going to continue to bomb**** like everyone else does with the GV Laser Dar so my attack rating will come up.

Guess there is a bonus in there somewhere...but...it still sucks.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »
Gvdarbar does not work for me..
I never see it now..not sure why..its like been turned off..i have to ask people of there is any dar.
 Then just do regular sweeps to find gvs..
Not sure if i miss it or not
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."