Author Topic: New GV dar  (Read 42528 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: New GV dar
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2017, 01:46:57 PM »
I still don't see a drastic change in how I hunt GV's.  Still find myself looking and listening to find them.  Most GV's are found by movement and sound, the GV dar helps out with the Bush ninjas.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #421 on: December 18, 2017, 02:09:13 PM »
The difference being now you know for sure there is GV hiding or parked flashing the base
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #422 on: December 18, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
The difference being now you know for sure there is GV hiding or parked flashing the base

That in itself makes it a worthwhile tool.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #423 on: December 18, 2017, 02:36:57 PM »
Can we have the 200ft minimum back for NOE if they get GVDAR removed? It's only fair so everyone can become invisible and hide from each other....... And can we get air to air resupply bombs so someone can drop instant-rearm on our plane while we loiter a few miles out from a fight......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #424 on: December 18, 2017, 02:53:45 PM »
Can we have the 200ft minimum back for NOE if they get GVDAR removed? It's only fair so everyone can become invisible and hide from each other....... And can we get air to air resupply bombs so someone can drop instant-rearm on our plane while we loiter a few miles out from a fight......

Oh Bustr...Please...

Tell you what...when they figure out how to quit bases from flashing by certain players (i.e. - Cybro) that drives a plane off field and buries it in a set of trees which is impossible to be found unless you go review film...and even then takes some time...or stop bases from flashing when they are buried in the corner of a hangar, etc...then maybe the rest of us will discuss the true merits of being "fair". You can't see the icon of the plane because it's buried beneath the ground making it near impossible to find.

The GVDar shifted the game too far to one side. You may as well put bright neon lights on vehicles in the trees or open field now because that is essentially what it has done. It's too much. Like I said - I'm ok with a generic sector bar...or a bar with a larger radius but the 2 mile square is too much.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #425 on: December 18, 2017, 02:55:26 PM »
Gvdarbar does not work for me..
I never see it now..not sure why..its like been turned off..i have to ask people of there is any dar.
 Then just do regular sweeps to find gvs..
Not sure if i miss it or not

Jimmy - It's probably because you don't have it enabled by default. You need to right click the clipboard map and there is an option to enable it from the popup menu (can't remember the exact wording on the popup menu though...)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #426 on: December 18, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »
Like I said - I'm ok with a generic sector bar...or a bar with a larger radius but the 2 mile square is too much.

Well, you should be happy then.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,390475.msg5190716.html#msg5190716

But lemme guess, still not big enough, right?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #427 on: December 18, 2017, 03:04:20 PM »
Well, you should be happy then.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,390475.msg5190716.html#msg5190716

But lemme guess, still not big enough, right?

Wiley.

There is a difference...if you are comparing by time / vehicle sector size and using that as your base then that is an unfair calculation. Vehicle to Vehicle - yes that would be fair (although some vehicles travel slightly faster than others...but still livable). It's the unfairness of the instant bomtards zeroing in on the laser guided vehicle dar.

So like I said...it sucks...but I'll enjoy bomtarding y'all more often now since you've enabled us :D

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2017, 03:16:47 PM »
There is a difference...if you are comparing by time / vehicle sector size and using that as your base then that is an unfair calculation. Vehicle to Vehicle - yes that would be fair (although some vehicles travel slightly faster than others...but still livable). It's the unfairness of the instant bomtards zeroing in on the laser guided vehicle dar.

So like I said...it sucks...but I'll enjoy bomtarding y'all more often now since you've enabled us :D

My point was it's 3x3 not 2x2 and has been for a while, not about the reason why.  But as I said, I'm sure it's still not big enough.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #429 on: December 18, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »
I concur. I will search, but not for 15-20 minutes.  If you want to hide, then you are better in an offline environment.  You will feel more successful there (and safer).
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #430 on: December 18, 2017, 05:04:34 PM »
I'm going to be honest here am going to have to disagree with the few of my fellow countrymen... As a gver and as a part time bombard I like the gv dar.. when I'm in tank I don't really use the dar it only tells me there is one or multiple enemy gvs here I use sounds to locate them... As someone who hates a flashing base for no apparent reason it helps me figure out if i play hide and seek with bombs or if I have a goon or you know you parked in a plane nearby it helps me decide what aircraft or gv to up
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:07:51 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #431 on: December 18, 2017, 05:25:21 PM »
Jimmy - It's probably because you don't have it enabled by default. You need to right click the clipboard map and there is an option to enable it from the popup menu (can't remember the exact wording on the popup menu though...)

Thank you.. sorted.. silly me!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #432 on: December 18, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »
Now I really want invisibility cloaks for planes like the GVs have. And Hitech can put an invisible mother ship inside of a cloud that we can fly through and will rearm planes. Hitech built mother ships that launched alien claw fighters and they could rearm back in them during AH2. Those were made available a few times over the years by Hitech including being able to fly the claws with their laser blasters and plasma aerial mines we could leave in our wake. It's not a matter of Oh really, they exist and are not used anymore for some reason...... :cry

I've never needed GVDAR to find GVs, nor anyone I know in the game who bombs them. Once defenders put it out on country GVs are at a field, bombs are minutes away. POTW calls Waystin, Ra, and slider in first thing to up tanks and I bring an IL2. GVs don't last very long with us after 15 years of this. It is a waste of time for Gvers to try and check out every flashing field or shore battery just to not find an enemy tank to drive out and shoot at, since the flashing often is a plane passing in that sector.

GVDAR is a Catch22, with it you spawn and know you will have to fight, not what kind of a fight. Without it, GVers to a proven degree avoid combat(hide) and contact as much as possible all night long. Does Hitech owe it to the customers looking to fight GV's with a GV less than to customers who want to hide from fighting anyone if they can manage it all night? We used to have 200ft as the NOE minimum and much of the community hid under it and avoided each other all night long with 400 players a night in the MA. Now that minimum is at 65ft.....today they no longer run missions, instead hide above 15k and don't fight, or suddenly disappear and find another front to attack a defenseless field on....unintended consequences of trying to force people to fight each other. At least today you see DARBARs and flashing everything all over the maps. It's just getting at them and getting them to hang around to fight becomes a problem. I liked it better with 200ft minimums because breaking up an NOE base attack meant they were all below 7,000ft and available to shoot down in one tiny space. Today half the time you are lucky if the jabos who just came in at 15k to drop bombs on your field will stop popping back up to avoid fighting you for the field.   

So does that mean our low numbers are because combat game players today are looking for combat games that maximizes game functions to enable them to be in a combat game while hiding from the combat all night as the preferred game play strategy? Then.....I want NOE back to 200ft and the resupply mother ships out of the mothball fleet and back in the air since the GVs have Klingon cloaking trees and instant resupply anywhere. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #433 on: December 18, 2017, 06:13:48 PM »
If it’s not your thing, disable it... .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #434 on: December 18, 2017, 06:34:17 PM »
If it’s not your thing, disable it... .

You really don't get it.

Stop looking at this as a GV guy vs. Plane guy argument. It's not.

It all comes down to not allowing players to avoid combat in a combat game. Any change that promotes more combat overall is a good change. The GV dar does just that.

If you don't like it because it hurt's YOUR play style - TOO BAD. The overall game is better with GV dar and you need to get over it.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com