Author Topic: Film Viewer+2nd Monitor=No Go  (Read 556 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Film Viewer+2nd Monitor=No Go
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »
I'm trying to watch my films on a projector that is hooked via HDMI.
I can move the film-viewer application to the projector , but when I click Full Screen things don't work quite right.
The film viewer appears on the projector, but it is not full screen only windowed.
When I click full-screen the windowed version stays on the projector and the full-screen goes to my main monitor at the same time.   :headscratch:

Thanks for any help.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Film Viewer+2nd Monitor=No Go
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 01:17:05 AM »
Which mode are you using? From your description it first looks like Extended Desktop, then again in the headscratch sentence I get the expression of Clone Mode. What happens if you choose the projector only as your display? Clone Mode should also work.

Also, and I don't know if there's any difference, what method do you use to choose between different multi-monitor modes? Video card Control Panel, laptop Fn + F-key combination or Windows-button + P, or maybe some other? IMO Win+P is the easiest way to change between modes.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:23:22 AM »
Which mode are you using? From your description it first looks like Extended Desktop, then again in the headscratch sentence I get the expression of Clone Mode. What happens if you choose the projector only as your display? Clone Mode should also work.

Also, and I don't know if there's any difference, what method do you use to choose between different multi-monitor modes? Video card Control Panel, laptop Fn + F-key combination or Windows-button + P, or maybe some other? IMO Win+P is the easiest way to change between modes.

I use Win/Shift/Left Arrow to move anything from one monitor to the next.
Using extended mode.
I could probably choose the projector as my only monitor, but that's just more fiddling around than should be needed.
I'll try a few other things and see what happens.

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 01:23:51 PM »
If you don't need to do other things on your primary screen, try Win+P and choose Clone Mode (same image on both screens).
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni