Author Topic: Match Play Arena.  (Read 1756 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Match Play Arena.
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:08:46 PM »
Now in the match play arena there is also a furball mode in which you simply hit any of the spawn buttons and it air spawns you to a furball area.

HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Match Play Arena.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
 :banana: :airplane: :joystick: 

Was a hoot with 4 - 6 guys in!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
It's the old DA Furball Lake in all it's glory guys, I just peeked in to look at the terrain. Now if you can get some new guys in there and hooked on old school furballing. The terrain looks like the AH2 DA map converted to AH3.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
Will be checking it out!

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 03:40:22 PM »
Man, and the woman just asked me if I would be playing my game this weekend...   :x
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 04:37:30 PM »
And being evil as he is, HT will probably leave kill shooter off.   It was fun.  I can see it being a place to warm up before going into another arena or waiting for scenario... or quiet times when ppl, just want fights, plus I believe it's a free arena and if it's populated, it can lead new players to subscribing to the main arenas for the warz aspects not present in this furball haven. As mentioned it's very much like old furball lake, but with air spawns.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 05:37:42 PM »
And being evil as he is, HT will probably leave kill shooter off.   It was fun.  I can see it being a place to warm up before going into another arena or waiting for scenario... or quiet times when ppl, just want fights, plus I believe it's a free arena and if it's populated, it can lead new players to subscribing to the main arenas for the warz aspects not present in this furball haven. As mentioned it's very much like old furball lake, but with air spawns.

:aok

This  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 08:29:44 PM »
Now if I can only get this pesky site installation and commissioning done, I could get my arse home and into the command chair to provide a target, i'd be a happy man...

*mumble* *mumble* stupid contractor delays *mumble* *mumble*.... :mad:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 01:28:16 AM »
I'm not sure it's totally working as intended. I've only been there alone and thus the Match Play Queue Selection window works as before (puts you in the queue). When I put myself on any airfield and click a runway then I'm ALWAYS airspawned over PT corner and the electric fence is still operative.

Is it the intention to airspawn at the lake?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 02:20:10 AM »
It's fine, PT terrain very nice venue. Small furbal developing, some duelling on the side. Tempests and egos expected shortly  :banana:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 03:27:01 AM »
I dig it.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 03:46:26 AM »
It was nice to meet you Horble - like minded AH players <S>

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 08:15:14 AM »
Have not had a chance to check it out yet, but I thank you for your action Hitech. This sounds like a great enhancement that will make action flow a lot better and provide a great area to just let loose without the pressure of the MA.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 09:33:57 AM »
How do you take off and get to the other areas, like Death Canyon or Low Alt Flights.  It always spawns me over the lake, no matter what field I'm at.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »
How do you take off and get to the other areas, like Death Canyon or Low Alt Flights.  It always spawns me over the lake, no matter what field I'm at.
Air spawns are a set object....depending on which button you press that's where you will go every time. If your looking to do death canyon fights, you are better off making a custom arena.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"