Author Topic: Bias and Unjust Mods in game  (Read 1129 times)

Offline NavyRigger

• Zinc Member
Bias and Unjust Mods in game
« on: December 01, 2017, 11:39:51 PM »
So I was working on regaining my sea legs in aces high tonight, after being away from the game for three years.  Well, after getting gang banged a few times, and several mistakes of my own, i was getting increasingly frustrated.  Not helping with this frustration is Vraciu, vomiting rude and condescending remarks about anything i had to say.  This proceeds to irritate me more, so i decide to start beating him at his own game of whits and match his cancerous attitude with mine.  Apparently I was warned, mid message, to calm down, but my next remark to Vraciu was "#mommydidntloveyoudidshe". and this got me muted for 10 minutes, but NOT Vraciu.  So I waited my 10 minutes, in the midst of which I had a nice fight against a F4U-1.  At the conclusion of my mute time, I popped on 200 and gave the anonymous pilot a <S>.  I said nothing to Vraciu, or the mod, and again, guess who has to interject his two cents in.  His language was far more offensive and rule pushing than mine was, but yet he receives no mute period.  Here is a screenshot i took of the conversation shortly after i called the Mod out on this and was muted for 20 minutes (at which point i logged off): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218389627

Frankly, as a paying subscription member to this game, i find the biased and unjustified actions by the moderator in this game tonight be appalling.  I was getting frustrated, and I was vocal about it on 200, yes, but Vraciu was just as guilty and received no mute for his actions.  If the Moderators continue this biased behavior towards myself and other players in the game, i will be demanding a full refund of my money, and probably leaving the game for good, despite the fact that there are good people in the game.  Im sorry, but I cannot stand favoritism, especially in a situation like this. 

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Bias and Unjust Mods in game
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:38:10 AM »
You have to understand that it isn't a perfect world and one of the few perfect things is that if you address moderators at all they have to mute you. It isn't written anywhere, I didn't even know there were moderators till I started reading these kind of complaints, but the policy is that any attempt to "confront" a moderator means muting. By "confront" they mean typing "mod" as far as I can tell and I think it is more accurately stated as "any attempt to communicate with a moderator will result in muting."  As for favoritism I think it doesn't exist but it is in the eye of the beholder. The best policy is to just ignore 200, especially if it pisses you off. The best response to taunting is no response. Also sometimes people's intent isn't nearly as nasty as it reads but text alone doesn't really communicate the boozey bonhomie that the authors of insults might have intended.
Pies not kicks.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 01:08:36 AM »
As the screenshot shows it I believe he does deserve an explanation.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 01:16:44 AM »
Don't know what went before, but the one thing I will say is calling a mod out is an instant mute per HT.  That, as well as this thread, would be better served with an email to HTC.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 01:19:26 AM »
You have to understand that it isn't a perfect world and one of the few perfect things is that if you address moderators at all they have to mute you. It isn't written anywhere, I didn't even know there were moderators till I started reading these kind of complaints, but the policy is that any attempt to "confront" a moderator means muting. By "confront" they mean typing "mod" as far as I can tell and I think it is more accurately stated as "any attempt to communicate with a moderator will result in muting."  As for favoritism I think it doesn't exist but it is in the eye of the beholder. The best policy is to just ignore 200, especially if it pisses you off. The best response to taunting is no response. Also sometimes people's intent isn't nearly as nasty as it reads but text alone doesn't really communicate the boozey bonhomie that the authors of insults might have intended.

De tuning 200 increase the in game experience........in fact I think they should get rid of 200, like in your experience it was toxic .......we don't have it in FSO and it's nice

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:07:14 AM by Dundee »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 02:18:29 AM »
As the screenshot shows it I believe he does deserve an explanation.

Perhaps including earlier screenshots would give more context. I also think posting this on Steam is not classy. Applying pressure I guess?

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 02:40:02 AM »
I never go on 200 and never get muted, everyone knows I type nonsense all the time.

Owning people in game is the best form of revenge

I have a vendetta with Bfoot, he has not logged on for weeks, I have been informed he is fearful of my dominance  :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 05:51:54 AM »
Nothing to be gained by posting this. If you want or expect resolution, then contact us (support@hitechcreations.com) directly.  Be happy to deal with it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com