Author Topic: Retract GV Dar.  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Retract GV Dar.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 04:20:32 PM »
So, why not place an observation post both in the towns and on the fields. If town starts flashing, someone could jump in to one of these observation posts and if they are able to physically see the enemy with the naked eye and/or through binoculars the direction dar pops but only as long as the observation post is manned and not destroyed. It would make it way more realistic and situational based. This would force more team work and embolden people to enter that low level game of seek and destroy,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Retract GV Dar.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 04:37:45 PM »
So, why not place an observation post both in the towns and on the fields...

Because this is a combat game and people want to participate in the fighting not drudge around as an observer.

Besides, the standard dar bar is a representation of these observer types for aircraft. Now there is s system for representing ground observers as well.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 04:50:10 PM »
Well, being an observer is participating, perhaps not in the sense that you would like but it would be an essential role at any rate.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »
Well clearly the GV hunter's are having a better time, otherwise you would not be her crying about it.

As a part time GV hunter myself I actually find it boring now...... waaaay too easy....I still have the issue of being a rancid Jabo'er...but I lose interest now really...well not lose interst.... just stop doing it as I am a player who does doesn't like having too much advantage...makes me feel dirty.... just me..but It is how I feel

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 04:55:51 PM »
Participating in fighting would require being at some sort of risk of being killed. Observation does not cut it.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »
As a part time GV hunter myself I actually find it boring now...... waaaay too easy....I still have the issue of being a rancid Jabo'er...but I lose interest now really...well not lose interst.... just stop doing it as I am a player who does doesn't like having too much advantage...makes me feel dirty.... just me..but It is how I feel

Glad you are so successful at it.

How would you grade your ease with hunting GV's before the dar?
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »
Observation has and will always be integral to combat.

I understand what you are saying but this game isn’t centered around anyone of our playing styles, likes or dislikes as is obvious by the GVdar business. All I’m stating is it’s a fair balance between the two ideologies.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »
I fly the Hurricane IID and hunt treetop level so sight is primary for me.   With the addition of thicker foilage & reduced icons the job became a little more complicated but not impossible.  Occasionally you just can't see them.  After grid search for 5-6 minutes with no success and no activity from the enemy I begin to use the new GV dar.  I will pop up to 1,000 feet pull up clipboard and reset my search.  Even when I locate the vehicle, I still have to shoot the shells down into the top turret or engine deck to kill it.  Not easy in the slightest.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 05:22:05 PM »
Observation has and will always be integral to combat.

I understand what you are saying but this game isn’t centered around anyone of our playing styles, likes or dislikes as is obvious by the GVdar business. All I’m stating is it’s a fair balance between the two ideologies.

My point is that an observer would not be playing the game.

It's no different than if I had another player observing from my plane while I was flying. Is that guy useful to me? Sure. It it good for the game if he's not in his own plane or GV? No, it is not.

We need players actively playing the game. That means putting themselves at risk of being killed while trying to positioning them self to kill an enemy.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 05:35:15 PM »
How is it not actively playing?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 05:42:46 PM »
Because he's not able to kill or be killed.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »
Well clearly the GV hunter's are having a better time, otherwise you would not be her crying about it.

Clearly when you resort to childish insults shows you have no basis for your argument. Clearly you did not read nor comprehend the start of this post.  It's not like I haven't dealt players like you going on my 17th year.

When I can clearly see whats going on when the game has been modified as a handicap for the players that are in the air just simply hunting GVs is skilless.
There is no reason to up a GV now.
There is no strategy.
There is no gameplay.

:salute
27th

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 05:52:02 PM »
Because he's not able to kill or be killed.

Sure he can, make the position like a field gun position (destructible) and if it’s a matter of the person being able to kill another player, what’s the difference between the resupply vehicles and an observer position? They all provide to the effort regardless of lethality.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »

Clearly when you resort to childish insults shows you have no basis for your argument. Clearly you did not read nor comprehend the start of this post.  It's not like I haven't dealt players like you going on my 17th year.

When I can clearly see whats going on when the game has been modified as a handicap for the players that are in the air just simply hunting GVs is skilless.
There is no reason to up a GV now.
There is no strategy.
There is no gameplay.

:salute
27th

Then you should know that until now that every change for GV's has made GV'ing easier and more accessible. Now in AH3, those advantages are too much of a problem and must be trimmed back to bring balance to the overall game.

If anyone is acting like a child it is you for overreacting and throwing a tantrum over the latest changes.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 06:04:45 PM »
Sure he can, make the position like a field gun position (destructible) and if it’s a matter of the person being able to kill another player, what’s the difference between the resupply vehicles and an observer position? They all provide to the effort regardless of lethality.

The vehicle running sups is at least at the front where the action is.

Besides, the ability for a single player to find another should not depend on a 3rd party.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com