Author Topic: why leaf can shild mine panzer ammo?  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Borgoo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.andreasalvi.com
why leaf can shild mine panzer ammo?
« on: December 10, 2017, 05:44:17 PM »
hello
ive just lost a fight againts a couple of enemy tanks because mine round explode on "leaf", now, leave the historical question, it is really not fair, thats ok i cant see them because the trees, but al least, let me hit them when i see thwy fire... .maybe is better resolve this than have a "land radar",in mine opinion.
thx
Andrea "Borgoo" Salvi
~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: why leaf can shild mine panzer ammo?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:44:19 PM »
Leaves do not stop tank rounds.  It LOOKS like they do because there is an explosion graphic.  However, if you look carefully your round continues on its path and can strike your target (assuming you aimed properly).  The explosion on the leaf is just a bug (or a "feature").  Now tree trunks (and perhaps thick branches) DO stop tank rounds. 

Also note that there is a parallax error between the gun sight and the actual barrel on some tanks, so even if your sight can see past the tree trunk your barrel might be pointing right at it.  You can check this: in the sight aim just past the edge of a tree trunk and then go to commanders view and slide the view as much as possible to align with your barrel and see that it could be pointed right at the trunk.  The converse is true sometimes as well, the sight can be blocked yet the barrel clear.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:44:07 AM »
This is true in the actual tanks, as indicated in the Tiger manual which stated that the sight was 1/2m. off from the gun (from memory, so if you must know just look it up).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 08:35:51 AM »
I don't believe there is a "Explosion" But simply leafs being knocked off?

HiTech

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
In some case leaves puff out from where the round went through the tree, but in others (longer range shots iirc), you can see a detonation in the tree, and then the round impacting beyond the tree.  And in some of those longer range cases, the round detonates in the tree and does not continue forward.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 12:24:13 AM »
I don't believe there is a "Explosion" But simply leafs being knocked off?

HiTech

I get an explosion almost every time.  If I'm close to the tree I get the leaves dropping as well as the explosion.  In testing I confirmed the shell continues by destroying structures far beyond the tree.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 02:52:58 AM »
I get the same scenarios as 715 and Jinx on the explosions and rounds passing through.  I thought when I hit the trunk or parts of the tree that would stop the vehicle that the round exploded and didn't pass through.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »
I get an explosion almost every time.  If I'm close to the tree I get the leaves dropping as well as the explosion.  In testing I confirmed the shell continues by destroying structures far beyond the tree.

Verified, and changed to only falling leaves for the next patch.

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 09:40:56 AM »
 :cheers:

HiTech

Offline Borgoo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.andreasalvi.com
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 04:17:49 PM »

HiTech

Thx for your answers guys, and, at least, the post solve a bug  :D :D :salute
Andrea "Borgoo" Salvi
~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~