Author Topic: Shade Accounts  (Read 17119 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Shade Accounts
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2017, 09:35:49 PM »
There's really only 100 actual  players in the game, the rest are my shades.

:rofl :rofl
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2017, 11:10:20 PM »
HTC already has.  They have been quite clear in the past about usage of secondary accounts.

I'm curious Ack-Ack, do you recall what that is/was?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2017, 03:32:57 AM »

By action and previous posts by HTC staff.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2017, 10:59:15 AM »
As long as they arent being used to grief shade accounts are allowed.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2017, 04:44:45 PM »
Thank you, makes sense to me.  I've got thoughts of adding one just to encourage one of my sons to play again.  Don't understand the incentive to cheat.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »
Thank you, makes sense to me.  I've got thoughts of adding one just to encourage one of my sons to play again.  Don't understand the incentive to cheat.
Same but it is going to happen with any game...HTC has a good track record compared to others
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2017, 05:56:43 PM »
Same but it is going to happen with any game...HTC has a good track record compared to others

I'd go so far as to argue HTC has the best record so far as dealing with it, out of every online PC game I've played. 

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2017, 12:26:20 AM »
I'd go so far as to argue HTC has the best record so far as dealing with it, out of every online PC game I've played.
I wouldn't argue against that....for sure out of all the games I've played
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2017, 11:30:04 AM »
You're returning from a strat raid NOE and have a situation at home requiring your attention so you land your lancaster in the middle of nowhere without flashing any base or having raised a dar bar for the last two sectors.........and you weren't headed home direction.

You come back to a blown up plane, review the film and find that someone upped a fighter and beelined straight to your location.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »
You're returning from a strat raid NOE and have a situation at home requiring your attention so you land your lancaster in the middle of nowhere without flashing any base or having raised a dar bar for the last two sectors.........and you weren't headed home direction.

You come back to a blown up plane, review the film and find that someone upped a fighter and beelined straight to your location.
Send the film in and let HTC decide if it's foul play...how do you know they beelined??? What if they upped went AFK came back and luckily saw you....

Can't be too  :noid it's just a game.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2017, 02:38:20 PM »
There's really only 100 actual  players in the game, the rest are my shades.

Apparently there are only 2 players if you count my shades, then.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2017, 06:01:45 PM »
By action and previous posts by HTC staff.

I asked HTC, directly, here on the forums a couple of years ago and after some hesitancy on his part stated that there is no rule against multiple accounts.

Some thought that I had asked so directly because I was against second accounts.  Far from it.  I was considering another account at the time and wanted to hear it from Dale (who to his credit came on the thread and replied personally) so there wouldn't be a "gotcha" moment later. 

I think that pretty much became policy after that...at least public policy.

ROX

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2017, 11:43:05 PM »
Send the film in and let HTC decide if it's foul play...how do you know they beelined??? What if they upped went AFK came back and luckily saw you....

Can't be too  :noid it's just a game.

Because the guy on my country who vectored the enemy to me told me what he did.

That brought a new challenge of how to make the situation into something fun.

Since he knew where I was flying by my dot....but not WHAT I was flying, I started flying a long legged fighter with bombs to drop the city at least one percentage point and then landing in the middle of nowhere about 2 sectors away from the city with 25% fuel remaining and sure enough, here would come a dar bar.   

Then I would fly super low NOE so that he couldn't even see an icon in the direction of where I thought he was coming from and ambush him.

Of course, the new map icons have ruined the "bait and switch" mission profile since the map icon shows whether you have a fighter or a buff.

A lot of unusual and immensely entertaining missions relying on exploiting human nature have been removed from the game because of the recent changes and the "mission diversity" get's thinned out all the more.

It's why I left.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:47:58 PM by icepac »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2017, 01:10:04 AM »
Because the guy on my country who vectored the enemy to me told me what he did.

That brought a new challenge of how to make the situation into something fun.

Since he knew where I was flying by my dot....but not WHAT I was flying, I started flying a long legged fighter with bombs to drop the city at least one percentage point and then landing in the middle of nowhere about 2 sectors away from the city with 25% fuel remaining and sure enough, here would come a dar bar.   

Then I would fly super low NOE so that he couldn't even see an icon in the direction of where I thought he was coming from and ambush him.

Of course, the new map icons have ruined the "bait and switch" mission profile since the map icon shows whether you have a fighter or a buff.

A lot of unusual and immensely entertaining missions relying on exploiting human nature have been removed from the game because of the recent changes and the "mission diversity" get's thinned out all the more.

It's why I left.
Again...send film to HiTech...you are sitting there saying something isn't fair when you could have helped solved the issue with 1 email...

But I'm sure you had other reasons for leaving.... :rolleyes:
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2017, 11:34:55 AM »
Icepac you have entirely too much time on your hands ...