Author Topic: Clouds, ....Trees of the sky.  (Read 4061 times)

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
Re: Clouds, ....Trees of the sky.
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 04:34:23 PM »
 I don't want the elimination of clouds, but I think  like trees, there are way to much of It.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »
I don't want the elimination of clouds, but I think  like trees, there are way to much of It.

I'd personally like to see less trees and more towns, buildings, and factories. I'm sure it wouldnt help people frame rates but it would look purty on the map.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 07:44:51 PM »
I'd personally like to see less trees and more towns, buildings, and factories. I'm sure it wouldnt help people frame rates but it would look purty on the map.
I think they did reduce the trees once with one update I felt like I was tanking in Oregon lol but I would like to see violators 109 automatically burst into flames when he gets with in 1.5k of me :devil when can I expect that update hitech?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 12:36:56 AM »
I never had a cloud stop me dead in my tracks.....

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2017, 04:09:50 PM »
Since I built the new Rig, I have no FR issue with all graphics set to max.

Love the clouds.... (Best new thing added to the game...ever)

Love lots of trees.  Makes the dive bombers work for a living. Makes tanking more of a fight on the move, then a long range shooting gallery.  they are pretty too.

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »
I love clouds! The clouds are much improved since they introduced them (framerate wise). For me the more clouds the better (not always of cours). Fighting in them and losing your opponent. It gives so much more depth to the game. Besides they also flesh out the sky. I understand some ppl there computers are not that great, but to run AH it already doesn't really take a very good computer.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2017, 06:15:38 AM »
     Clouds may be costing customers, or new subscribers.  A lot of laptops being sold this xmas season have had  mediocre performance. I wonder how many older  retirement age owners of these laptops may try AH# and have it work ok initially, but then have issues after It gets cloudy and give up.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2017, 07:03:21 AM »
I have a mid-level graphics card, and clouds have very little effect on frame rate -- except when inside the cloud and then frame rate doesn't mean much since all I see is gray.

Of all the graphics changes with AH3, I like the clouds best.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »
     Clouds may be costing customers, or new subscribers.  A lot of laptops being sold this xmas season have had  mediocre performance. I wonder how many older  retirement age owners of these laptops may try AH# and have it work ok initially, but then have issues after It gets cloudy and give up.

Buying a mediocre laptop for gaming is like expecting a family car score in a race. It's not clouds only, it's the entire graphics. That's why they publish minimum and preferred requirements for every single game on the market. If people don't read them, it's their fault. If you want to blame someone else than the buyer, blame the ones selling a mediocre computer without carefully checking what the customer wants to do with it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »
Buying a mediocre laptop for gaming is like expecting a family car score in a race. It's not clouds only, it's the entire graphics. That's why they publish minimum and preferred requirements for every single game on the market. If people don't read them, it's their fault. If you want to blame someone else than the buyer, blame the ones selling a mediocre computer without carefully checking what the customer wants to do with it.

The blame really seems to me to rest on both sides.  People have a tendency to assume a new computer means it will run everything they want without thinking about what they're actually going to use it for.  I've seen quite a few people say, "Oh, I just want a basic computer."  Then they want to play Fallout 4 or something along those lines and wonder why they can't.

If you're going to game on PC, you need to educate yourself on what it takes to run games.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »
The GTX1060 will drop around 80 bucks in price (maybe more) once bitcoin miners realize their total system power consumption cost more than they make "mining".

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2017, 09:43:25 PM »
This whole bitcoin thing is beyond me. All I know is I intend to protect my property (even if it's getting almost impossible to do so).  :old:

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2017, 10:31:47 PM »
This whole bitcoin thing is beyond me. All I know is I intend to protect my property (even if it's getting almost impossible to do so).  :old:

If you can't put it in an ammo box and bury it in your backyard, it ain't money.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2017, 10:37:44 PM »
If you can't put it in an ammo box and bury it in your backyard, it ain't money.

:rofl :aok