Author Topic: common sense... a clear field of fire for defensive weapons.  (Read 1850 times)

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
Re: common sense... a clear field of fire for defensive weapons.
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 02:00:01 AM »
This reminds me of Solieri saying to Mozart...."It's got too many notes..." :bolt:

Copprhed  what are you saying???

This is RODBUSTR..........?.........

..............and this is Hitech?

:rofl

"RODBUSTR", "Hitech",  and the -  "battle of the trees",,,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ciFTP_KRy4
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:16:53 AM by BBQsam »
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 12:42:57 PM »
    More trolls. You confuse conversation  actually correspondence. with some kind of battle,  I'm discussing increasing a level of more realistic sim or game play.  anf You are just  bashing  a player for an input that may make It a more enjoyable place to waste Their time and maybe increase Hitech's bottom line.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 12:57:33 PM »
RodBuster my friend, it's a joke, and kind of a funny one too.  Ease up a bit and you will probably have a better conversation with your fellow players.

My earlier dig was meant in fun too, I wasn't disparaging you personally or at least that wasn't my intent, I apologize.  I didn't want you to be mad about it.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:35 PM »
Guys, stop trolling rod. Jebus. Give him a break.

He makes a good point.  AAA (any AAA from 88's to 37's) should not have their rounds stopped by trees or leaves.  Period. It's kinda gameplay ruining.  And I agree it on both not just sides for tanks AND AAA settings.  It's frustrating to have a HE 88 round be stopped by a bush. It's like "COME ON!"

Conversely, a Stuka, or any anti-tank aircraft shouldn't have it's gazooka cannons stopped by silly tree leaves or a branch.

But - shouldn't this be in the Wishlist?

And guys, seriously. stop trolling this. It's a legit post.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
Guys, stop trolling rod. Jebus. Give him a break.

He makes a good point.  AAA (any AAA from 88's to 37's) should not have their rounds stopped by trees or leaves.  Period. It's kinda gameplay ruining.  And I agree it on both not just sides for tanks AND AAA settings.  It's frustrating to have a HE 88 round be stopped by a bush. It's like "COME ON!"

Conversely, a Stuka, or any anti-tank aircraft shouldn't have it's gazooka cannons stopped by silly tree leaves or a branch.

But - shouldn't this be in the Wishlist?

And guys, seriously. stop trolling this. It's a legit post.

Leaves do not stop weapons. If you see leaves but no flash, the weapon continued on threw the trees.

HiTech

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »
Come on folks, can't ya'll at least come up with a chuckle? it was funny! I have been working on shooting through the trees while in a GV and actually, you CAN figure out what will or won't stop a shot. Rather than just say something is wrong, try to work around it, or maybe find out that it's not the problem you thought. I don't find the trees to be an issue, except that if there is even one in an empty field, I WILL run into it!   :banana: :x
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »
Leaves do not stop weapons. If you see leaves but no flash, the weapon continued on threw the trees.

HiTech

Annoy the owner time..... wouldn't the round, ammo, or projectile [  :D  ] continue through the tree opposed to the weapon itself?

[ This thought now enters HiTech's coconut..... I wish fuzeman would leaf me alone!!! ]

:bolt:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 08:39:35 AM »
Annoy the owner time..... wouldn't the round, ammo, or projectile [  :D  ] continue through the tree opposed to the weapon itself?

[ This thought now enters HiTech's coconut..... I wish fuzeman would leaf me alone!!! ]

:bolt:

Thats because I'm not just talking about rounds, also bombs and rockets.

HiTech

Offline John Galt

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »
My main issue with the trees stems from them being magnetic, or having 20' diameter trunk. There has been several times I have hit trees, only to become hopelessly stuck to it. The only thing that seems to get you untangled is supps.
VDub

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 06:50:58 PM »
  My main issue with the trees is field of vision.  A plane can line up on Your gun position and You can't see them, but They can surely see You...  I did have an incident  with a warble. shooting at a plane close to trees, as I traversed I shot a tree and It killed me.  It would be nice to change death by tree bark in gvs.  Also Zoney, Virtually all jokes or so called jokes come at the expense of  someone.  To execute one properly,  It takes taste, tact and timing... apparently You lack  those attributes.    :)    see the smiley face... that means i'm just joking...

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »
This reminds me of Solieri saying to Mozart...."It's got too many notes..." :bolt:
:aok
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart