Author Topic: VKB MCG good/bad news  (Read 3491 times)

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
VKB MCG good/bad news
« on: December 15, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »
    They start billing today for MCG Rev.B  and will ship next week.

MCGs for GF (original) will be billed and shipped starting January 2, 2018.

Looks like I must wait until next year for mine.  :(

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: VKB MCG good/bad news
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 07:05:21 PM »
Heh, VKB just can't catch a break.  Their online commerce company double and triple, even more in some cases, many customers, resulting in some unfair backlash.  Yes, it's still their responsibility, even if not their "fault".  They at least have been open about fixing it.  Didn't happen to me, at least not yet, just the one charge for the rev B pro unit.  Should be great, hope I get it before the new year.

I'm also going to pick up the new Virpil desktop base, BRD is helping them do it, and although BRD is about the only custom company I don't have anything from yet, I've read very good things.  Virpil's unit and mounts are fantastic so far, and I have high hopes for the VKB Gunfighter.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 07:41:23 AM »
I got charged twice for the GF MGC.  I shot of an email about 8:15am EST and received a very apologetic email back very quickly.  BY about 2PM EST the error was corrected on my end. 

Does any one know where these unit are shipping from?  Russia, American wharehouses directly from the manufacter in the Asia area? Getting kinda excited

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 08:05:18 AM »
Their manufacturing happens in Singapore. My gunfighter base shipped from there in the spring. Looked like from my tracking that it went directly from there to NYC where it sat in customs for a couple of days. From the time I got the shipping number to delivery was like 5 days. Not bad for something coming from the other side of the earth! My MCG-Pro isn't shipping til the week of Jan 2. Been a really long wait.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 05:35:52 PM »
thanks for the info didn't kknow if they shipped directly form manufacturer or from the headquarters or what. 

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 12:34:21 PM »
has anyone that ordered received theres?  or get tracking info yet?  I figured if they were gonna charge me twice they could at least stepped up my shipping

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
Mine isn't supposed to ship until week of Jan 2nd.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 07:36:53 AM »
Scheduled to get mine Dec 26th, WOOT!!!!

Just notified it will be delivered today😆
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:36:01 AM by gewehr »

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »
Just got my shipping number! Boo yah!

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 01:25:51 AM »
Picked up my MCG Pro with the extension tonight. Replaced my Warthog stick. Simply amazing what it can do out of the box. The programming software is very capable, but mostly unnecessary since the stock configuration is very powerful. I replaced the Warthog for two reasons: 1) to get a better feel as even with an extension I can still feel the transition between the centering springs/cams around the center and some "stiction", 2) to have the analog lever for a brake axis on some aircraft, particularly the DCS MiG-21bis and DCS Spitfire MkIX, but several other aircraft, too. The trim switch is configured to toggle between being a POV hat and analog trim axes by pressing it for a second or so. Some sims have analog options for trim settings, this is perfect for those sims but most others work best with buttons. The stock profile handles both and allows you to map the unused functions for other purposes. i.e. I could use the POV hat for trim roll and pitch trim buttons and use the axes for setting wingspan and range on a gyro gunsight. Similarly, the axes could be used for trim and the POV hat for its normal view functions, such as panning in external views.

I love the feel of this stick. The plastic grip doesn't feel as heavy/sturdy as my real B-8 grip from an F-4 Phantom, but I generally find plastic more comfortable to hold than cold metal, especially when the Warthog is somewhat rectangular rather than rounded like the MCG. Since I am using the extension, I had to install the #50 springs (the heaviest ones provided). The stick centers well (didn't even need to calibrate it out of the box as all the axes were dead on). But it is so smooth/light around the center. I only feel the springs pulling hard as I get to the last 10 or 20% of the range of movement. This was not a cheap stick. It cost more than a full Warthog HOTAS just for the stick. But it is so much better than the Warthog in so many ways that for me it was well worth it.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 07:36:59 AM »
Got mine yesterday too. It's dead sexy and feels very smooth without any tweaking of the springs and clutches. Sure it'll be even better after that.

Only one problem...

Their software isn't up to date to recognize the MCG-Pro! It sees the gunfighter base just fine but has problems with the stick. There's a setting there for the MCG but not the pro, consequently all the extra goodies on the pro are inoperable.

I was pulling my hair out til midnight last night figuring I had a dud! I posted to the VKB forums about it and got a guy that found a setting that at least got the buttons running so I knew it had to be something else. Sure enough they posted early this morning the firmware is behind a bit. Proper version coming today or tomorrow. Dang!

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 09:24:31 AM »
Strange, I already had the right software last night. Had no problem recognizing the stick. I didn't get much flying time last night because I spent so much time learning how the software worked. After I got done trying out configurations, I put it back to the original config and then got it mapped to a few of my aircraft in DCS World. I still need to get it mapped into Aces High.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
Apparently the correct firmware that supports the MCG-Pro is v1.917. They say it'll be out maybe today. What's currently on their site is v1.85F.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 11:17:34 AM »
Here's a link to the discussion regarding this. They merged a few threads including mine.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »
Or not! Try this!

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2885

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:21:14 AM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"