Author Topic: HQ - No Longer Needed  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: HQ - No Longer Needed
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »
The best alternative that comes to mind is a reduction in the number of bases needed to win the war.
If Bish kill Nit HQ, they would need less than the normal 20% of Nit fields (but still 20% Rook fields) to win the war.  The percentage reduction should be worth at least the equivalent of 3 fields.
Once the HQ is resupplied, the war win requirement would revert to 20% of both countries.

This would encourage group attacks on the HQ by giving it a real strategic value, instead of the current darbar blackout.  It would promote fights, while no darbars only makes them harder to find.

Better tack on a time requirement for the HQ to be down, otherwise there would be the minimum of captures, then off to an HQ for the win.  So you'd need to hit the city strat to x percent, then hit the HQ.  Something along those lines. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 12:35:23 AM »
Better tack on a time requirement for the HQ to be down, otherwise there would be the minimum of captures, then off to an HQ for the win.  So you'd need to hit the city strat to x percent, then hit the HQ.  Something along those lines. :)

Unless they change it.....if the City is at 50% and you take down the HQ for the 5 minutes....you add the 50% and the HQ is down for 55 min or roughly 5  1/2 load of sups to bring it up. In AH II the resup was in a 4 min a load deal.....strats are now a 10 min a load...so it's nothing to waste your time taking down now..there was a benefit to having it down...the shades were in the dark as well

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 02:07:05 AM »
if you take HQ down-the radar raiders won't have anything to do.

why do so many people hate the radar--lol dum question huh
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 02:15:24 AM »
each strat building that gets destroyed is down for 180 mins per building its ridiculous to only have a 4 min per building resupp time.
even at 10 mins per building it still takes awhile to resupp a strat.

oh and Dundee you sound like S--x talking about people having shades so what if they do-big deal.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 09:39:18 AM »
The best alternative that comes to mind is a reduction in the number of bases needed to win the war.
If Bish kill Nit HQ, they would need less than the normal 20% of Nit fields (but still 20% Rook fields) to win the war.  The percentage reduction should be worth at least the equivalent of 3 fields.
Once the HQ is resupplied, the war win requirement would revert to 20% of both countries.

Now this would be cool!

+1

I believe my squad will feel that the bomber missions will be worth while if this is introduced.

DutchVII
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:41:08 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2017, 10:59:32 AM »

And how could the war end any better than an epic battle for a hardened target, deep in enemy territory?  :x

They'd still have to protect what bases they have, while sending a large enough of a force to take down the HQ.  Much better than the current system of steamrolling any old undefended base for the win.
It would give the HQ a reason for existence and give everyone reason to fight over it.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2017, 12:55:30 PM »
meh I've seen 163s up from a close by strat and intercept bombers at 22k in about 90 seconds..I myself suck as a163 pilot so my 152 can get to alt pretty quick and intercept now all I need to do is learn not to saddle up on the bombers six..I seemed to fall much faster than I climb especially on fire :bhead

Good bomber formations are key. Everyone's guns covers everyone else. We dub this the "meat grinder". For the most part, this along with accurate communication, works.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2017, 01:10:09 PM »

This would encourage group attacks on the HQ by giving it a real strategic value, instead of the current darbar blackout.  It would promote fights, while no darbars only makes them harder to find.

This is something to consider. First impression is that I like it. I would like to see how the actual implementation proves out, but yes I agree about real strategic value leading to good fights to both protect and defend the target.
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 01:44:51 PM »

you people are nuts-you want to make it easier for the bish to win? and you know they will-they win most of the maps now as it is.
now you want to help them. bish have dedicated bomber pilots who have no problem with climbing to 30-35k to bomb strats-esp Knight strats-whenever a new map pops up Knight strats are 1st to be hit and bish will continue to win the wars.

plus now your going to have junkyII in here whining about M3 resupply, for which is what he is trying to get stopped.

so yeah take out Knight HQ-then hit the rooks for the win, because everybody knows not very many rooks log on.. esp during weekdays, Knight and rook counts are low-most times bish out number Knights and rooks together in the mornings.

I once said I wouldn't do it, but I have started playing War Thunder- it's stupid but its also kind of fun.

do what you want I don't friggin care anymore

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »
Good bomber formations are key. Everyone's guns covers everyone else. We dub this the "meat grinder". For the most part, this along with accurate communication, works.
I took part in a 49er Mass b29 bomber mission it was awesome my bombs miss the target and I didn't make it back because I got separated from the pack but I had a blast got a few kills as a bonus
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
It's sad , was a great game getting mutilated ; HQ raids were best  intense fun action  in this game.  What's left to play for ?   Bs score and rank?

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »
Lack of numbers AND time investment is a killer!

:devil

I still think some air-spawns using perk points only would be cool.... Eliminate alot of "wasted" time... BUT hey, that's just me...  :bolt:

(as i understand it, some gents/ladies in the game have MORE than enough perks to spend on something like this)
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 01:50:47 PM »
I still think some air-spawns using perk points only would be cool.... Eliminate alot of "wasted" time... BUT hey, that's just me...  :bolt:

The more this game is geared toward instant convenience, the less likely this guy will play. Since '04, I've been wary of this.. and definitely more-so now.
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »
The more this game is geared toward instant convenience, the less likely this guy will play. Since '04, I've been wary of this.. and definitely more-so now.

I don't understand this type of thinking.... What's so bad about not wanting to waste my entertainment time watching an altimeter climb...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Thndregg, does that mean you're unhappy that we have such "simplified" controls for our aircraft?  How dare we not know the start-up sequence of the B17 because it's convenient to auto-takeoff? Automatic calibration of bombsites is an affront to your play-style? 

Should the match play arena be removed because it's too convenient to get into action? lol I MUST be out to lunch.....

Aces High 4
Where you place the bolts into the airframe in the factory before taking command of the transport ship to drive REAL-TIME across the atlantic to MAYBE make it to an airfield, where YOU the player, can help load ammunition into the airframe you built, don't forget fuel or 10 years from now when you actually get to fly, you'll be sorry and have to start ALL over. Convenient? No, but hey change is bad...  :devil

Ridiculous ironic rant over...

I just don't understand i guess.  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »
Lack of numbers AND time investment is a killer!

:devil

(as i understand it, some gents/ladies in the game have MORE than enough perks to spend on something like this)

That's even more ridiculous. You want that - go play War Thunder or any other of the arcade style games. Correction - at least not in the Main Arena...don't really care much for the others.