Author Topic: The Last Jedi: CONTAINS SPOILERS!  (Read 5399 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: The Last Jedi: CONTAINS SPOILERS!
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2017, 10:20:37 PM »
This is what confuses me

After the bridge was blown out and Leia was floating in space a fair distance from the hull of the ship, how she didnt die. With the vacuum of space, not wearing a space suit, no oxygen, she should of been deaded the moment she was sucked out. But she didnt, and just happen to magically float back onto the bridge. And live. Not a single bruise. Or instant frozen skin from the coldness of space.

:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

The Force is strong with that family...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »
This is what confuses me

After the bridge was blown out and Leia was floating in space a fair distance from the hull of the ship, how she didnt die. With the vacuum of space, not wearing a space suit, no oxygen, she should of been deaded the moment she was sucked out. But she didnt, and just happen to magically float back onto the bridge. And live. Not a single bruise. Or instant frozen skin from the coldness of space.

There is no air in space and thus nothing that can lead the heat away from your body, the heat can only radiate away so its not like it would be on Earth so hypothermia isnt going to be an issue until long after you have died from hypoxia. The lack of pressure would likely give her some quite severe decompression sickness but in theory she can survive for a few minutes, not unharmed though...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:35:43 PM by Zimme83 »
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2017, 10:26:42 PM »
This is what confuses me

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2017, 01:45:31 AM »
This is what confuses me

She's the twin sister of the Luke Skywalker.  It's very possible she learned to use the force in a manner to sustain her in such an environment.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
This is what confuses me

In the novels and comic books, the authors created many more powers and abilities with the force.  Imagination is the key.  To answer the law of physics in our universe which the Star Wars galaxy is supposed to exist a long time ago and  far, far away, the Force is an energy field that surrounds us and penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together. 

What normally happens to organic tissue is crystallization at the sub atomic level.  Think of each atom in your body as a solar system in space.  The crystal from water in your body influenced by the extreme cold temperature of outer space destroys the neutrons and protons of the nucleus, the sun, and the electrons, the planets.  A very bad ice age at the microscopic level.

The mysterious energy field called 'the Force' or mitiochlorians, a strange sentient life, can interact at the sub-atomic level to create a barrier from the vacuum of space.  A perfect example of advanced science indistinguishable from magic.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2017, 11:47:20 PM »
This is what confuses me

I can explain the ‘magic float’. Leia is a Skywalker and was actually more in touch with the force than Luke was. Leia used the force to move herself to the bridge.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2018, 06:53:04 PM »
Can the force stop her blood from boiling due to the vacuum of space?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
Are we seriously doing this???  :rofl
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2018, 10:04:26 PM »
Oh YES!  :banana:

If Leia used the force to save herself from certain death from space, then couldnt another Skywalker (Anakin) of used the force to save his limbs and body from damage by lava in the 3rd movie?

And if her ship was under propulsion, wouldnt the sudden decompression of the bridge that blew her out moved her further away from the ship while it was traveling on its merry course?

(I need to get Kerbal Space program out and experiment)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:10:06 PM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »
Once propelled from the bridge by the explosion, she wouldnt have ever stopped unless she hit something, or gravity from something bigger pulled her in that direction. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2018, 12:07:19 AM »
She wouldn't have gotten too far, as I believe they were close enough to their destination planet for it's gravity to pull her in.  But if not that, the star would definitely have pulled her in, eventually.  :)
HiTech

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2018, 05:18:14 AM »
Once propelled from the bridge by the explosion, she wouldnt have ever stopped unless she hit something, or gravity from something bigger pulled her in that direction.

Any force would do it so i guess the force is ok.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2018, 06:18:56 AM »
This is funny.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2018, 07:13:39 AM »
Feel like I am watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2018, 04:07:01 PM »
I can explain the ‘magic float’. Leia is a Skywalker and was actually more in touch with the force than Luke was. Leia used the force to move herself to the bridge.

Who on earth would even question that's what was happening there?  What other possible explanation could there have been?  It was burrito night and she farted her way to the door?

Google says holding your breath would be a pretty bad idea and you'd have about 15 seconds before you'd lose consciousness.  She was out there for quite a bit longer than that, so there you go.  But, force magic.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11