Author Topic: Habitual flasher.  (Read 7050 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Habitual flasher.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »
Nooooooo you have to let the players do what they want

Sarcasm.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 08:08:03 PM »
To me it is just another piece of lame game play that is going to continue to be allowed on a "technicality".

And people wonder why this game continuously loses players faster than they add players.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 09:14:33 PM »
Nooooooo you have to let the players do what they want

Sarcasm.

Actually, HTC makes the sandbox and pretty much does let that happen. Dale may code in ENY and stuff for balance (to keep hordes from steam-rolling maps with P-51Ds, F4U-Cs, B-29s and such quite so easily - or to encourage balanced numbers) but if he took the whining about what one or a few players thought were 'ruining' this game as seriously as they wanted him to then both TOS and code would become a mess thicker than Hasidic sabbath law.

Mazel tov!  :D

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2017, 01:07:31 AM »
Actually, HTC makes the sandbox and pretty much does let that happen. Dale may code in ENY and stuff for balance (to keep hordes from steam-rolling maps with P-51Ds, F4U-Cs, B-29s and such quite so easily - or to encourage balanced numbers) but if he took the whining about what one or a few players thought were 'ruining' this game as seriously as they wanted him to then both TOS and code would become a mess thicker than Hasidic sabbath law.

Mazel tov!  :D
I'm talking about the community...not Hitech.

First, glad your troll self showed up....hopefully providing more proof to people that that's all you are....but people in this community think telling people HOs are ok is an option so I doubt they are actually smart enough to see.

Second, to answer your comment in that locked thread...No I would not make a thread about someone talking crap to me unless they kept talking crap to me....plus why would I??? I beat him down like a baby seal. I posted the comment about him talking smack because you put him up on a high horse and tried to paint me out to be some bully....which is funny because INTERNET

Third, there is no issue with debating how the community should think, or trying to persuade the community to think a certain way in order to change gameplay without Hi-tech having to change the game in code

Here's a great example, M3 Town Resupply....when I first made a thread years ago I saw it all the time and NOBODY agreed with me other then Bruv119 and Lazer....20 page thread and only 2 people agreed with me....that last one, 37 page thread and only 4-5 disagreed and they were spilling stupid arguments....just like you in that HO thread.

Your right play how you want....I like playing where I see dweebery I call them stupid for doing it....I'm not using vulgar language so I'm within the TOS....see how your argument falls apart...."it's worse for the community then HOing" How many threads did you quote from about HOing....and how many threads are there about people talking smack on 200.....sooo which is driving people away??? Oh neither it's UI doing that  duhhhh

If the community is fine with dweebery then that is all we will end up having. Someone apologized to me for taking my kill on a Hellcat I knocked half his wing off....I didnt care I have thousands of kills...I was letting him RTB his half winged plane...

I'm not here for some glory of being the best or to get a lot of kills...I've already got a lot of kills on a lot of people who have been called the "best" in the past. I'm Here For The Fight....and if I think something will make the fight better....I'll post about it....if you don't like it...ignore and squelch me..

Now kick rocks Troll, Hope your Christmas sucks.

DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2017, 01:13:28 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of issues. Have a merry Christmas. Mine is.  :)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »
Bailed pilots do not make bases flash, but they do walk around the forrest and make indecent offers to little girls.  :old:

They also eat grandmas.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2017, 10:10:33 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of issues. Have a merry Christmas. Mine is.  :)
yep just a troll...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 10:28:28 AM »
yep just a troll...

Your definition/reactionary level is rather shallow, mate. Try relaxing and enjoying Christmas day. Not everyone is 'out to get you.' :)

As to the topic, I didn't see it as worth the effort, to begin with. I've learned about what can and cannot flash bases (even with years of experience with the game). I even know why a player may wish to do so (their tactical reasoning being sound or not). But I'm still not the behavior police nor do I recognize the 'validity' in such a chosen endeavor. It's not worth the frustration and/or stress that comes with it. I can't see how it could ever enhance someone's enjoyment of the game or community.

Anyway, I wished you a Merry Christmas and I mean it. There's really no reason to be petty and the spirit of the season doesn't lend itself well to that. :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 10:30:42 AM by Arlo »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
Your definition/reactionary level is rather shallow, mate. Try relaxing and enjoying Christmas day. Not everyone is 'out to get you.' :)

As to the topic, I didn't see it as worth the effort, to begin with. I've learned about what can and cannot flash bases (even with years of experience with the game). I even know why a player may wish to do so (their tactical reasoning being sound or not). But I'm still not the behavior police nor do I recognize the 'validity' in such a chosen endeavor. It's not worth the frustration and/or stress that comes with it. I can't see how it could ever enhance someone's enjoyment of the game or community.

Anyway, I wished you a Merry Christmas and I mean it. There's really no reason to be petty and the spirit of the season doesn't lend itself well to that. :)
I'm sitting at work with nothing better to do...I don't think anyone is out to get me, I just don't like you...again...hope your Christmas sucks.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 11:57:08 AM »
I'm sitting at work with nothing better to do...I don't think anyone is out to get me, I just don't like you...again...hope your Christmas sucks.

Sorry you had to work on Christmas day. That sucks. Still, Merry Christmas.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2017, 03:45:47 PM »
To me it is just another piece of lame game play that is going to continue to be allowed on a "technicality".

And people wonder why this game continuously loses players faster than they add players.

Again, what TOS rule is being violated?  There is no technicality involved, cyber is not doing anything wrong that is on violation of the TOS.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »
Again, what TOS rule is being violated?  There is no technicality involved, cyber is not doing anything wrong that is on violation of the TOS.

Neither were any other players in vehicles before hiding under tress pre-GVDar...yet there was a need for a change to the game...

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2017, 05:52:45 PM »
Turn it into something challenging and fun.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »
Turn it into something challenging and fun.

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh I have but he gets more devious with his hiding hence the reason he is using an A6M2. He is now basically finding the heaviest wooded spot on a map,with the low flap speed of the zero he is crashing into the tree canopy then falls below it. Virtually impossible to find unless you use film viewer. Ironically the same way i would find you icepac  when you were in this phase of your AHII career.  :D

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »

I never said anything about TOS, I called it lame, just like the continuous NOEs we use to have, or the "wack a mole" missions where the whole group would bail if one defender showed up only to try for another easy base take on the other side of the map, or the guys that bail from buffs when someone shows up to defend the target they are going to, or leaving from, just like the guys that jump into M3s with supplies at the first sign of of buff entering the sector.

This game is losing players every week due to crap play. People dont want to spend $15 a month to hunt some clown parked in a plane under a tree just to make a base flash for hours, or to up to defend a base only to have the mission run away, or to chase down a buff only to see them bail before you get into icon range, or to spend time hunting for a CV group that is "hidden" because it might get attacked, of to have any number of other lame plays to take away from what the game was always suppose to be about. Interacting with other players from all over the world in a continuous battle raging 24/7.