Author Topic: Can’t even force myself to login.  (Read 8219 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Can’t even force myself to login.
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »
It seems there’s always someone bringing up the lack of mission postings.  Anyone can post a mission.  Why not post one and move forward with it?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 10:58:57 AM »
It seems there’s always someone bringing up the lack of mission postings.  Anyone can post a mission.  Why not post one and move forward with it?

No one joins them. the majority of the "gamers" haven't a clue as to what is involved in a posted mission. Joining and waiting for a mission takes too long for many players.

Today's players are not looking for the nostalgia of participating in a posted mission.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2018, 12:44:24 PM »
No one joins them. the majority of the "gamers" haven't a clue as to what is involved in a posted mission. Joining and waiting for a mission takes too long for many players.

Today's players are not looking for the nostalgia of participating in a posted mission.

Understand and have experienced the same situation.  But, occasionally there will be a few guys ranting in game about no missions being posted.  If no posts a mission then there are no missions to join; a self fulfilling prophecy.  There’s an opportunity to be a part of the solution or continue the problem. 

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2018, 06:30:29 PM »
Understand and have experienced the same situation.  But, occasionally there will be a few guys ranting in game about no missions being posted.  If no posts a mission then there are no missions to join; a self fulfilling prophecy.  There’s an opportunity to be a part of the solution or continue the problem.

The type of player who does missions is for the most part the type of player who flies strategically, to accomplish an objective, as opposed to flying for a short term adrenaline buzz fighter vs fighter. HT seems to be trying to recruit the latter in order to boost player numbers. If he succeeds, then missions will come back again someday. But the game, for now, is discouraging that kind of play.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2018, 05:09:15 AM »
People complained about NoE misions until they changed the dot dar to 65 feet because it was unfair the defenders had no chance to save their bases. Then that was not enough so they added the M3 resup. missions died at that point. there is a reason people avoid combat to take bases because its stacked in the favor of the defender. make bases easier to take and you will get the steam rollers back. if there is a steam roller then there is kills and fun to be had for everyone. 

its like a football game do you like a low scoring defensive game that is boring or do you like a high scoring game that is entertaining.

G3-MF

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 08:35:19 AM »

Puma is right on target.  Mustng2 and I have a couple of missions.  We should run more but sometimes we just do not have the time.  It takes time to set up the missions.  In AH2 ET had quite a few canned missions but when we went to AH3 and map changes a lot of those were lost.  Add to that the problem with trees, buildings and hills at the end of runways you have to do a test takeoff if using bombers and heavy fighters.

Offline 230G

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
 I think the NEED for the mission function  has died with the advent of vox. Our squad runs missions without having to set it up. "Meet at A46 for a mission." Once there: 'Everyone in 110G's, 2 bomb load out with rockets and we need one person to bring troops.' Done. No pull down menus, etc., just verbal instructions.

35Whelen
If you approach from me from my 12:00 you will be unapologetically HO'ed.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2018, 09:01:47 AM »

Prior to moving over to Rooks last year, Bish ran missions constantly. Has that ended?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2018, 10:31:07 AM »
I think the NEED for the mission function  has died with the advent of vox. Our squad runs missions without having to set it up. "Meet at A46 for a mission." Once there: 'Everyone in 110G's, 2 bomb load out with rockets and we need one person to bring troops.' Done. No pull down menus, etc., just verbal instructions.

35Whelen

That’s a a good thing that your squad can pull something together that quick and easy.  The advent of more Lone Wolf players sometime makes a coordinated takedown near impossible and turns it into a multi hour event with no success.  On the other hand, when the same players turn up at the same objective (Randy, yourself, and a few others) and actively work together, the base gets taken easily. 

It’s all about teamwork, or not.  Everyone gets to play how they want for their $14.95.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2018, 01:10:08 PM »
Gosh I love Pubg. Have you played the new map?

What are your steam IDs?