Author Topic: Terrain Editor clipboard map icon generation  (Read 435 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Terrain Editor clipboard map icon generation
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
If i set the make map to create the icons for the clipboard map like this:

I am seeing the correct looking icons for a flak1m00 with object data of 4 but the alpha designator on the base seems incorrect. It's listed as A<basenumber> instead of F<basenumber>.
ALSO
If i do generate the icons that from the terrain editor it gets double icons in the game, because the game actually also gives me icons, regardless of if the terrain editor has already generated those or not.

Because of this, I could see that the base is V base in the terrain editor generated icons, and yet it's an F base that's generated by the game.
You can see the large red bullseye that is vbase and the small blue bullseye in it which is an Fbase.  That's the same base with two different Alpha designations.

So the terrain editor might either want to have object data of 4 generate an F<basenumber> for that fieldname OR just take away the option to generate field icons through terrain editor, since the game will do it anyway and it'll show up as double. They aren't exclusive to one another.  It was confusing to look at and deal with.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:05:23 AM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain Editor clipboard map icon generation
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
Hi Kanth,
The ability to include icons in a "CBM" is primarily for "Strat Maps" and as an aid while building your terrain. Including them in your final in-game release really isn't something you want to do.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: Terrain Editor clipboard map icon generation
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 11:07:28 AM »
Yep i noticed that.  I'll just not use them.  However the naming convention of the field is the bug that i'm reporting.   :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.