Author Topic: You know something is not quite right when the best defence is to up a bomber  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Page after page trashing the OP.   That is the spirit that retains players...   :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
I think people’s frustration levels on all sides has everyone in attack mode.

We should put all of this frustration in to a great night of missions in the MA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
I think people’s frustration levels on all sides has everyone in attack mode.

We should put all of this frustration in to a great night of missions in the MA.

Agreed.  I have to say the game has been MUCH more fun since the STEAM initiative was undertaken compared to the immediate timeframe that preceded it..   Something has changed for the better.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Let's try to rally everyone for a massive brawl tomorrow sometime. We can roast each otherin game while filling each others rides full of holes.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Let's try to rally everyone for a massive brawl tomorrow sometime. We can roast each otherin game while filling each others rides full of holes.

I'll be there.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Max

• Platinum Member

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Cool man, I will post in here a time for tomorrow!

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
The Blood Dragon is a pretty old concept at this point.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
The Blood Dragon is a pretty old concept at this point.

T!
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Egg, you’re absolutely correct man.

It would be nice to log in, hit up country chat, ask for and get an update as to the priorities as far as the “old school vets” are concerned, after all, their knowledge of the big picture is valuable....People wonder why “new” people often play for the two week period and leave, it’s because of the toxic community that we have.

I know this is not an entirely fair observation because player numbers affect the issue, but the really ironic thing about your wish for big picture updates re:priorities upon login is that the changes in AH3 from AH2 (especially the most recent one, and yes, that is a dig at the GV dar) moved the player focus away from "big picture" and toward "where can I find a fight quickly." If anyone ever asked what was needed where on country when I played, I always gave them a big picture update. Other players like electroman (and some of the 49ers, like dundee) would do the same. And these are the kinds of people who are the least pleased about the new GV dar. Coincidence, you think?

Fwiw, to me the community seemed less toxic in AH3 vs AH2. No more "hit enter 3x"s to newbs, significantly less bomb 'n' bailers, more tolerance of newb questions. Players are simply becoming more self-centered and/or don't have time to help big picture because they're too busy flying for self or squad instead of country.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
You know something is not quite right when the best defence is to up a bomber
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »
Dude, cats will argue about the color of the sky just to argue.

As far as receiving information on the current priority pushes up to the point that you login is a joke and often times is met with ridicule. There are very few people who will give an update when asked.

We have people chastising other players for not dropping sups on a town because they didn’t know the town needed them. This, unfortunately has become the norm but perpetrated by the few.

As far as the GVdar is concerned, it’s old news, we could go in to the actual functionality of base sentries and triangulating location based on sound but there is another thread that is saturated with the GVdar tantrums.

This game has by far the oldest, by age, player base but acts the youngest. I am not the only player who sees this. These individuals are destroying the game by running potential new toon drivers off with their god complex attitudes.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
This game has by far the oldest, by age, player base but acts the youngest. I am not the only player who sees this. These individuals are destroying the game by running potential new toon drivers off with their god complex attitudes.

Hmmmph.  Get off my lawn.

- oldman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
If I could turn out a terrain every 2-3 months, some of this would be solved because regardless of the demographic, the game evolves and that is reflected in the terrains created by players in the moment of the current evolution. The AH2 terrains converted to AH3 do not reflect this current evolution of the game. Nor have terrain builders stepped up in numbers to present a new evolution of "the terrain" to reflect Hitech's propelling the game into AH3. Seems like this era of the game has very few content creators taking advantage of AH3 and moving the community forward like happened 10 years ago. Many of the complaints from veterans, even if they are living in the past, show a desire for an evolution that seems elusive to be reasonable described but, can be observed if the time is taken during the rotations of all the terrains in the queue for the MA.

I REALLY hope that 8thJinx and others do have something in the pipeline that Hitech has sanctioned, and will help AH3 to invigorate the current community and hook new players into staying around. Where the GVers are concerned, some berm objects and some barn style objects to hide in, with specific "rules" from Hitech on how many can be used in a single square mile would have been a simple beginning solution to these complaints. I've found following his rules about terrain building works every time.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
I hope to get into terrain building soon, I have all of the software needed, just need to find the time and do some reading up on it as well.