Author Topic: Default Controller Setup  (Read 689 times)

Offline mykael

• Zinc Member
Default Controller Setup
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:43:40 PM »
Just got an Oculus Rift and it came with a set of touch controllers - and a copy of Aces High.

Is there a way of saving and loading controller configurations?  You might want to think about adding a saved controller set up for the Rift + Touch, then automatically loading it if you detect one.  What I got was a VR set up without a functioning controller when I tried Aces High and I don't have the game knowledge to go through and configure the Touch controllers myself.  What you'll end up doing is putting a lot of potential players off because you've got an unnecessary entry barrier before they can even start playing the game.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Default Controller Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:12:17 AM »
VR configurations are saved.  All configurations are, but VR is separate.

We, deliberately, allow users to make the choices for their configuration.  We support so many different controllers it is impossible to know what the user wants as defaults.

We do make it easy for users though.  In Options->Controls->Map Controllers, have you tried selecting the Touch controllers from the drop down list, then press the "Default Map" button?

It may not work, as all VR controllers are handled specifically, unlike regular input devices.  I really do not know of anyone using the Touch controllers as their primary devices for flying in Aces High.  Would like some feedback, if you chose to do it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com