Author Topic: For Elec1  (Read 782 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
For Elec1
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »

You asked me to post the film to the forum, here it is (see attachement). From my view you can see that there are much more hits to your wing root area than just the proverbial "1 Ping" that set you ablaze.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: For Elec1
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:14:55 PM »
 :ahand
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:20:14 PM »
:ahand

Not really. Sometimes there can be quite a difference between the two frontends of killer and victim not only in visual representation (getting shot when the enemy seemingly hasn't you in your gun arc), but also in audio - you might hear just 1 ping before going boom when there's actually been several hits.

My post was just about clearing things up, and Elec1 asked me to do that.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
But wouldn't a PM have had the same result, or are we unable to send film via PM? :headscratch:

I've experienced this a few times myself, but not to the point where I'd call out someone like this.  A PM, yes.  The last time I had it happen, RufLeak intercepted my B-17's in a 205.  From my PoV, he only nipped me once (pilot kill) and I only managed a single ping on him.  When I pm'd him, "did I actually hit you?", he replied with, "my plane is full of holes". :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 09:05:17 PM »
are we unable to send film via PM?

Yes, we are unable.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »
Thanks Snailman - appreciated. Yes, what that video shows and what I experienced definitely did not correspond so likely due to some lag. It looked like on the first pass you were still turning when all the sudden I was on fire hence why I was not happy about it. The video clears it up - and gives me some thoughts on how to better attack NME bombers in the future :)

BTW - You should give some lessons because it seems anyone who flies bombers against you is doomed before they even launch. :D

Cheers!  :salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 09:16:14 AM »
Yes, what that video shows and what I experienced definitely did not correspond so likely due to some lag. It looked like on the first pass you were still turning when all the sudden I was on fire

And of course it goes both ways. When you examine the film again and look at my Jug during the second pass, you will see that your bullets do not hit me at all, yet suddenly I start to smoke:

In the lower left center, that's the salvo which caused my oil leak, even though it seems to miss me by something like 40 feet. The same displacement that happened on your screen occured on my screen as well.
Even when being right below a set of Lancs, I will occasionally be hit by their tail guns, because on their screen I'm farther behind.

In gunnery, it only counts what the shooter is seeing.
I just wish players in general would take those things into account before "calling out BS" on 200 or even in PM's.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
In gunnery, it only counts what the shooter is seeing.
I just wish players in general would take those things into account before "calling out BS" on 200 or even in PM's.

I am just glad Electro is open to learning why it happened.  So much nicer than "HAX!"

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 02:41:15 PM »
Can confirm, snailman was at CRIA (Central Rook Intelligence Agency) using our super-computer to hack the B-24's production line and air frame acquisition request forms to ensure Elec got "the bad one"...

lol This isn't a  :ahand situation, just a "that didn't look like it happened on my end" kind of thing... lol

Nice to see both parties actually agree and move along.  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life