Author Topic: See Rule #4  (Read 734 times)

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
See Rule #4
« on: January 06, 2018, 10:05:14 PM »
See Rule #4

Please post a detailed description of any problem you are having.  We would like to correct any issues found, but found this report to be more rant than report.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:22:10 AM by Skuzzy »
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
See Rule #4
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »
I also am frustrated. I DID NOT submit the requested data. So that's on me.. :bhead

But last night again, I could not get any "loaded" missions to actually show up in the Pickup Mission list. I'm at the point where I'm almost ready to uninstall the entire package/game and attempt to re-install under my steam account to give HTC and co. some "in-game hours".

Issues I've encountered:

1. Loaded Missions will simply NOT work, submit them, says mission received in text buffer, nothing populated in Pickup Mission list. 
2. Waypoints become unstable; I add the first point, seems fine; left-shift and click on the first waypoint to move it, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
Create a second waypoint and attempt to move this position with left-shift click and it "grabs" the first waypoint and only moves it.

Is it possible to delete JUST the "saved" pickup missions? I have as I feel they are not "compatible" with the new game environment.

-KB
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:22:23 AM by Skuzzy »
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: See Rule #4
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:23:04 AM »
DubiousKB: Is it possible you are having troubles just at dusk?

HiTech

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:36:26 PM »
Not sure HiTech,

I really need to start a little bug report notepad beside my computer to record situational data when this occurs. What was the report you'd like to see? Was there an error file or something I can submit?

When this is occurring i'm more concerned about trying to get a pickup mission posted as map timing is such that I'm more likely to get participants. So last night it was a mad dash just to get something submitted and in play (our rooks just took a bish base that involved a lot of players, so I was trying to get them to join up.)

I'll approach my next attempts at Pickup Missions with the notepad handy.  :salute

Have you guys experienced what I described with the waypoints?

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 12:38:19 PM »
DubiousKB: Is it possible you are having troubles just at dusk?

HiTech

Just thought of something,

Does it matter the location of the base with respect to "dawn/dusk", or is it because the tower I happen to be in whilst attempting to setup a Pickup Mission is experiencing "dawn/dusk"?

Please advise.  :confused:

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »
It could have to do with the time you are setting being a time that does not exist do to jumping from night to day.

HiTech

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 08:48:39 AM »
StnkLoch from Rooks last night was able to load one of his saved (older) missions, it took right away. I then asked him if he had any issues with the waypoints, he did not. He actually generated them WAY faster than what I've experienced; he reported no issue whatsoever.

I on the other hand, have had some strange action on waypoint adjustment and creation; I only tested it a bit last night before rage quitting because mean knights kept orbital dropping in on me.  :devil

What was happening is I would create a waypoint, then add a second waypoint after moving the first waypoint. This is where things get weird, when trying to re-locate the newly generated 2nd waypoint, the system acts as if I am selecting the first waypoint. At times I CANNOT "grab" the second waypoint at all.

I did not have the issue where system showed Pickup Mission Received, but nothing was populated in the Pickup Mission list. I avoided trying to use my saved missions when poking around last night.

:pray