Author Topic: Terrain upload clipboard map  (Read 731 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Terrain upload clipboard map
« on: January 12, 2018, 07:31:47 AM »
I had some crooked graphics on the clipboard map of my latest terrain (herve) upload. (3 of the black bomber air-spawn markers are crooked)

I noticed after i uploaded.  So I corrected the clipboard map and re-uploaded the terrain.

I deleted the resource file locally from my machine, then went online and created a player arena with the terrain so i could download it.

The clipboard map still has the old crooked graphic.  I think it's not picking up the updated clipboard map file after the initial upload? or not overwriting it?

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain upload clipboard map
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:37:19 AM »
Or the upload wasn't successful.

I'm counting on the revised CBM being in the right format and if so, try again only this time ignore the path showing in the dialog and manually browse to the terrain's .oba file. Then be sure that the upload checkbox is checked and upload normally.

These steps should correct any hiccups.

Good luck.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
i have uploaded twice. the cbm is bitmap that is color indexed and looks to be correct.

The uploader actually won't let me reupload any other way than to use browse. It otherwise would keeps telling me to 'check for errors first' if i just try to leave the information in the box as is without clicking the browse button to the .oba file.

checkbox for uploading is checked. Message at end of process shows host files being saved to host directory and affirmative message at the end.

clipboard map doesn't look fixed. thanks for trying to help me, Easy.  :cheers:

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »
i have uploaded twice. the cbm is bitmap that is color indexed and looks to be correct.

The uploader actually won't let me reupload any other way than to use browse. It otherwise would keeps telling me to 'check for errors first' if i just try to leave the information in the box as is without clicking the browse button to the .oba file.

checkbox for uploading is checked. Message at end of process shows host files being saved to host directory and affirmative message at the end.

clipboard map doesn't look fixed. thanks for trying to help me, Easy.  :cheers:

Build with out upload, does it then show correctly offline?

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 01:39:10 PM »

Summary:

This issue is resolved

I think i know what it was.

I Have two Aces High's on my machine. (this is the start of my rube goldberg-esque explanation)

I build my terrains in the one at C:\Hitech Creations
Then when i'm done i copy everything over to the one at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high
then i *usually* build it there so i can fly it with oculus and check it out and then upload it.

Which is what i did this time.  And then I noticed the crooked cbm graphics.

When i made the change to the CBM graphic i didn't build it in the oculus directory because it didn't need to be flown. I just copied the files over including the updated cbm and uploaded.

So just now i went to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high and into the terrain folder and deleted the herve.res  and built it and then checked it offline and it looked great.

So i uploaded it from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high area and that overwrote the one that was up there.

So i think you have to build it locally in the same directory you are going to upload it from before you try to upload it. You can't just have the files sitting there, you must have run a build on it before uploading.

That's my guess..I know this is totally an edge case and i appreciate you taking time to ask me about it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »
Summary:

This issue is resolved

I think i know what it was.

I Have two Aces High's on my machine. (this is the start of my rube goldberg-esque explanation)

I build my terrains in the one at C:\Hitech Creations
Then when i'm done i copy everything over to the one at C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high
then i *usually* build it there so i can fly it with oculus and check it out and then upload it.

Which is what i did this time.  And then I noticed the crooked cbm graphics.

When i made the change to the CBM graphic i didn't build it in the oculus directory because it didn't need to be flown. I just copied the files over including the updated cbm and uploaded.

So just now i went to C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high and into the terrain folder and deleted the herve.res  and built it and then checked it offline and it looked great.

So i uploaded it from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high area and that overwrote the one that was up there.

So i think you have to build it locally in the same directory you are going to upload it from before you try to upload it. You can't just have the files sitting there, you must have run a build on it before uploading.

That's my guess..I know this is totally an edge case and i appreciate you taking time to ask me about it.
The build has to happen with the uploader. But in the TE the terrain must be checked for errors before built and uploaded with the uploader. Version information is encoded in the .res file with the uploader that is not encoded with the TE build.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:36:59 PM »
I recommend only doing your TE work from C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\ and then only transferring the myterrain.res file to the Oculus folder for testing. Too much can go wrong otherwise with over-writing the 'good' files but you make plenty of backups I'm sure. :)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001