Author Topic: Strange propeller speed change when using VOX  (Read 360 times)

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
Strange propeller speed change when using VOX
« on: January 16, 2018, 07:11:47 AM »
When using VOX the propeller momentarily changes speed every time you either transmit or receive voice. The sound of the engine does not change but visually you can see a change in the rpm of the prop. 
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Online 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Strange propeller speed change when using VOX
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 02:43:15 PM »
I have noticed this recently as well...but I am VR, so wrote it off as a VR thing. I DO NOT notice the change on instruments, its a flux when looking through gunsight and notice a wave or shimmer of prop. This also happens FOR ME,in VR, when flying some planes(mainly the F-4u). I also sometimes get a minimization to desk top upon releasing transmit button(like in big radio use moments). Doesnt happen but maybe twice a night.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Strange propeller speed change when using VOX
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:21:36 AM »
This sounds like a lot like a strobe effect that could happen with a slight change in FPS. Which could be happening when you key the mic.

HiTech