Author Topic: Auto resupply question.  (Read 874 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Auto resupply question.
« on: January 27, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »
Is this still true:
"Trains, convoys, and barges are built into the terrain. Each train, convoy, or barge has a source point and a destination point, and each can be damaged or destroyed while traveling from point to point. Trains, convoys, and barges automatically respawn every ten minutes.
Destroying a train, convoy or barge will add an additional 7 minutes of downtime to any destroyed field or strategic resource that it supplies.(See table below)
Once a train, convoy, or barge has successfully reached it's destination, a new supply convoy spawns."

The source of this is from the Aces High Help Menu, the "See Table Below" does not appear on that page of the help menu.  My squad has noted that on several maps there appears to be Vehicle bases that only contain one Vehicle Hanger that can't be destroyed.  Other field objects, guns can be destroyed, but it doesn't appear that any resupply vehicles, truck convoy or train convoy are associated with this field.  Then we started looking for any resupply convoy or train or barges associated with any other field on the map?  We found none.  Has automatic field resupply or the representation of that (convoy, train or barge) been removed from the game.  Are fields now just on a down time timer once destroyed and will be back up in x amount of time no matter what?  I understand that the factory associated with the object determines its initial down time, but at one time we could impact that down time by stopping the resupply.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Auto resupply question.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:23:17 AM »
Not true since AH3 went live. AH3's revised terrain broke the AH2 road and railway system and so road and rail resupply was dropped until they could be incorporated back into the game again. The good news is that HT has just posted here that this is what he currently is working on. Not sure how long it would take to update all the MA terrains with road and railways though.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:32:49 AM »
Are fields now just on a down time timer once destroyed and will be back up in x amount of time no matter what?

Downtime of objects on a field can still be shortened by manual resupply, but as long as the convoy system has not been reinstalled it can not be prolonged anymore.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:39:56 AM »
Downtime of objects on a field can still be shortened by manual resupply, but as long as the convoy system has not been reinstalled it can not be prolonged anymore.

There are still barges that go to ports, however I think they're just destroyable objects and don't actually do anything to downtime currently.  Still fun to blow up.    :joystick:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »
There are still barges that go to ports, however I think they're just destroyable objects and don't actually do anything to downtime currently.  Still fun to blow up.    :joystick:

On some maps you can even find the odd leftover convoy, on Mindanao I had a stationary train on a mountain shooting on a low level strat raider. But yes, those are just remnants and do not have any function anymore.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 03:38:24 PM »
Thanks for the feed back, I guess it will be a very long time before we see the convoy function restored to any actual playing maps. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 06:54:09 PM »
You don't know this, and Hitech updating the path function to the point that it will lay track, roads, and rivers is much sooner than I had the impression he had the time for. If you did not notice in the General forum, I have a third terrain in production that would be a good test of what ever new system is associated with the updated path function.

I'm showing an ongoing screen shot update of a terrain being built to help inspire players to give it a go. One point to keep in mind, everything about that terrain is already mapped out in a master project timeline. If Hitech wants changes I will add or change what he wants like I've done with my two previous terrains over the last 15 months, otherwise, enjoy the show.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,391245.0.html
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 03:34:05 AM »
I saw a train the other day in the MA. I thought it was a wirb shooting me in the middle of nowhere then i decided to dive and see what it was. It ended up being a train but the tracks were cut short and it was not moving. I ended up dropping eggs on it and scored an achievement. I forgot what map this was
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 06:02:34 AM »
When the MA terrains were updated to AH3 the TE's terrain converter did not remove all the old strat stuff from the map. So to get rid of the barges, trucks and trains it was necessary to edit them all out manually. I did this with CraterMA but whoever converted a lot of the other MA terrains did not bother, which is why you'll still find trucks, trains and barges on those maps. When the strat gets reintroduced my guess is HT will put a "get rid of old strat" routine into the TE or at least include a check for it in the error checking routine.

I have got a new MA terrain 75% done as well, so I'll be able to test the new strat on that. Also I can update CraterMA with it if needed.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:07:25 AM by Greebo »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 12:52:21 PM »
Ratz, mine is still a long way to go because I'm creating topography to a self imposed scale and not taking short cuts. I think I'm pushing the bleeding edge of what the polygon mesh in the terrain editor will support. I hope you didn't impose something silly like that on yourself. :lol
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.