Author Topic: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go  (Read 10307 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 12:02:50 AM »
I have had serious difficulty sticking with AH3 for quite a while after giving it some effort since last July. Lots of things are happening in real life, and a lot has happened that has changed my perception and opinion of the game, which has ultimately caused me to become very disinterested.

Without going into the rehash of details, I will just say that Aces High 2 (back in the day) was where it was at for me in my particular niche of heavy bombing with my group and the large community of knowledgeable and patient folks I associated with (friends and foes alike  <S> ).

So, I just thought I'd throw it out there that, while certain aspects were fun, there is just not enough of a draw to make me stick with it. I've always felt that there was something that was "tinkered" right out of the game that we had before.

So, to those folks I've known, fought with and against, thanks for the good times.

<S>

I am are going to make the same decision in June....... and I'm pretty much in the same line you were in. I promised 8thjinx I would see how the changes are but I am tired of spending money on a game, as it is, I don't like to play. <S>

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 01:04:18 AM »
Being pushed closer to the edge each day that passes myself, clinging onto the good memories but the frustration is growing..

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

TheStig

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 01:59:44 AM »
     Why aren't the numbers here?  why are people dissatisfied? What are The complaints? what worked in the past? and what can be done to make play more enjoyable for the veterans and new subscribers?   Do You have a questionnaire for cancelled subscribers? Do You try any suggestions?  Do You take criticism of game set up. realism and playability?   
     It would be interesting to see what an Ah 2 arena . and see what the player split would be  between  the two.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 04:21:27 AM »
To see 70 people in a map with ~200 bases, the number of bases itself does not bother me, but a frontline longer than the eastern front 1943 does....they don't promote fights, but they promote big squad capture-vanish-grab next unattended field.

I try a mission or so, trying to stir up some trouble, if i get met at a field with manned guns and wirbys only, I simply log out and spend my time somewhere else.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 05:58:06 AM »
Why do you think I keep changing terrain configurations as I learn more about how the "current people" utilize the resources? I have some concern over the strat and HQ not really being a prime target as much as before but, it's the "how" of attracting the current people to want to attack something. This game is not the game of 10 years ago nor are the players. And nor do the ideas of ten years ago resonate with the players of today when it comes to terrain building. It's a different laboratory I'm experimenting in from our glory days of a decade ago. We no longer have the numbers today of holdovers from our glory days to make the arena work like then. And some of them don't seem willing to let go of the past and build a present.

Well said and well played on the tinkering. You probably don't  get enough kudos for the work done. The fields without a vehicle spawn are a good idea. Last weekend  a furball just kept ebbing  and flowing. Thanks for keeping it real and new.

I paused for a year and saddled up again, but cut down on time and expectations. The end result is a happy camper.

Keep well, play nicely.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 09:06:28 AM »
     Why aren't the numbers here?  why are people dissatisfied? What are The complaints? what worked in the past? and what can be done to make play more enjoyable for the veterans and new subscribers? 

Well since you asked....
~ I find it frustrating to find one country (morning hours EST zone) with more players than the other two countries combined, rolling map, after map, after map.

~ I find it frustrating to find a few players from said above winning country, gathered together for the sole purpose of establishing a superior advantage, numbers and altitude wise. The hunt begins for prey. Once the superior odds are minimized and advantage is lost, said players run like hell (usually in Doras, Ki-84's or 109 K4's) back to their home fields/ack safety net. Essentially, most air combat now only exists at levels of non-parity.

~ As an occasional GV'r, I find the new vehicle radar not really to my liking. This is echoed vehemently by folks I know who GV most of the time.

~ I find the tiny town map icons very difficult to see, unless zoomed in considerably; and then that doesn't even work if friendly GV's are in town.

I've been around since 2002 and still find enjoyment playing the game...just seem to be enjoying it less and less. In the past year or two there seems to be more of a "street gang" mentality amongst some of the players. It's not about fun; it's about winning..at all costs.

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 10:59:48 AM »
     Why aren't the numbers here?  why are people dissatisfied? What are The complaints? what worked in the past? and what can be done to make play more enjoyable for the veterans and new subscribers?   Do You have a questionnaire for cancelled subscribers? Do You try any suggestions?  Do You take criticism of game set up. realism and playability?   
     It would be interesting to see what an Ah 2 arena . and see what the player split would be  between  the two.

I think they do have a questionnaire for players deleting their accounts.

I haven't played in well over a year and not seriously in perhaps 2 years, I don't ever see myself returning to the game to be fair. Cannot comment on AH3 as haven't really played it.

I expect eventually that the last 'fight' in the MA before it closes will be a battle of fuel consumption.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »

I haven't played in well over a year and not seriously in perhaps 2 years, I don't ever see myself returning to the game to be fair. Cannot comment on AH3 as haven't really played it.

I expect eventually that the last 'fight' in the MA before it closes will be a battle of fuel consumption.  :lipsrsealed:

Mustang for the win.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 08:36:11 PM »
To see 70 people in a map with ~200 bases, the number of bases itself does not bother me, but a frontline longer than the eastern front 1943 does....they don't promote fights, but they promote big squad capture-vanish-grab next unattended field.

I try a mission or so, trying to stir up some trouble, if i get met at a field with manned guns and wirbys only, I simply log out and spend my time somewhere else.

This.

Fronts are too long in many cases. There should be some ability to attack un occupied bases, but shorter fronts would pin point the action and create rather large engaging fights.

Going back to the OP. Sucks to see old guys lose interest. We lost many people in squads and that is why there are more individual flyers rather than squad /mission typers. Hopefully that can change...it's sucks that more old timers don't all come back at once. I don't know why so many of yall let "people" get to you. Just squelch then. I don't think the overall game has really changed all that much. People just get frustrated because it's a hard game. Nothing wrong with taking a break!  :salute
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:48:54 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 09:51:21 PM »
I enjoy the game still.... It is up to each individual to make his own fun... and everyone can do it if they really do want to

Even after playing these games for 25 years, I still have the desire and I know how to find fun in Aces High!

These games are forever evolving and will be until the light is turned off...

Stop looking at yesteryear through Rose Colored Glasses (to quote NB/ NoBaddy)

Damned if you do, no fun if you don't!

Edit: before someone comes in and makes a post that is something like " but we seldom even see you in the MA anymore TC!"

Just understand that if I was physically able to, I would be playing all the time and in my current condition, I am forcing myself/ my body to log on even though I don't feel like I can... I show up at times in the MA, FSO, Scenarios and KOTH events... But I have to mentally force myself to fight through the pain just to be able to fly with my friends

~S~

TC
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:57:04 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 12:20:29 AM »

Why are you posting in OUR game?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 12:24:18 AM »
I enjoy the game still.... It is up to each individual to make his own fun... and everyone can do it if they really do want to

Even after playing these games for 25 years, I still have the desire and I know how to find fun in Aces High!

These games are forever evolving and will be until the light is turned off...

Stop looking at yesteryear through Rose Colored Glasses (to quote NB/ NoBaddy)

Damned if you do, no fun if you don't!

Edit: before someone comes in and makes a post that is something like " but we seldom even see you in the MA anymore TC!"

Just understand that if I was physically able to, I would be playing all the time and in my current condition, I am forcing myself/ my body to log on even though I don't feel like I can... I show up at times in the MA, FSO, Scenarios and KOTH events... But I have to mentally force myself to fight through the pain just to be able to fly with my friends

~S~

TC
i UNDERSTAND ALL TO WELL,SIR! Thank God, I am still able to play this game! I know, even saying that seems odd,but its true. Its just a game, you know? Its MY ESCAPE from Multiple Sclerosis too. I miss some of you guys when you arent around as much. Personally, I dont know what I would do with out this Game/Community. Was talking just this evening to an old friend. He was like "Damn,Parsons, you dont have to work any more...why the heck are you not fishing instead of playing a silly game." Well for one, you have to feel like going,let alone getting your stuff in the boat and getting her hitched up. Usually by then, I am too tired to drive to the lake. I traded one LOVE, for a NEW LOVE...you guys keep it "Interesting" yes thats a good word for it :D  Hope you can get yourself back together soon, TC.  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 02:38:14 AM »

I agree, when you consider they had to shut off AH II to get people to leave and come to AH III. I would have thought they would have seen that people were not interested in leaving AH II for AH III... I'm thinking there would be more players if the two arena's were up and running....more people just in different arenas..I don't know that customers like thing forced down their throats...and the numbers bare that out

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 03:20:12 AM »
when you consider they had to shut off AH II to get people to leave and come to AH III. I would have thought they would have seen that people were not interested in leaving AH II for AH III... I'm thinking there would be more players if the two arena's were up and running....more people just in different arenas..I don't know that customers like thing forced down their throats...and the numbers bare that out

FAKE NEWS!!!

HTC did not force anybody when they switched off AH2 and AH3 went live....

Those of us that care and support the game (note: this includes all players through the time span) we're each offered the chance to get registered and access to the closed Alpha of AH3, then moving into the closed beta testing of AH3 and finally Open  Beta testing for AH3 running simultaneously with AH2 until AH3 went Live and AH2 was retired....

It is/was done the exact same way when Aces High first launched back in '99,  then repeated when AH2 was being designed to replace AH!

HTC has never forced different game  versions, but they do give about a 3 years time lead in going from AH1 to AH2 and then again AH2 going to AH3.... 3 years time is plenty of time, hell 2 years more than enough really to allow players to make sure their Gaming PC's are capable to play the newest version smoothly.....

Just telling it like it happens....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 03:47:01 AM »
FAKE NEWS!!!

HTC did not force anybody when they switched off AH2 and AH3 went live....

Those of us that care and support the game (note: this includes all players through the time span) we're each offered the chance to get registered and access to the closed Alpha of AH3, then moving into the closed beta testing of AH3 and finally Open  Beta testing for AH3 running simultaneously with AH2 until AH3 went Live and AH2 was retired....

It is/was done the exact same way when Aces High first launched back in '99,  then repeated when AH2 was being designed to replace AH!

HTC has never forced different game  versions, but they do give about a 3 years time lead in going from AH1 to AH2 and then again AH2 going to AH3.... 3 years time is plenty of time, hell 2 years more than enough really to allow players to make sure their Gaming PC's are capable to play the newest version smoothly.....

Just telling it like it happens....

TC

" HTC did not force anybody when they switched off AH2 and AH3 went live...."
that is a true statement.... The REAL NEWS is they shut it off about 6 week later but there were still around 60 die hard playing the game in AH II I should know I was one of them who showed up one day and AH  II is as dead as it is now. They shut the AH II arena off

" hell 2 years more than enough really to allow players to make sure their Gaming PC's are capable to play the newest version smoothly...."

Sadly were all not as rich or as computer savvy as you are, But then again your closely connected with the folk that run the game. And your statement "allow players to make sure their Gaming PC's are capable to play the newest version smoothly....." You need to direct your attention to this thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,391561.0.html The DX 11 still has an obvious problem with stability....and just because it runs fine on your machine..... doesn't mean it good for everybody.

If everything was rainbows and unicorns there would be a ton of people in this game.......... especially with the game being offered and show cased in Steam.. I wish you would explain the reason the numbers are still flat, I really would enjoy reading your perspective on that