Author Topic: Scaling  (Read 811 times)

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
Scaling
« on: February 12, 2018, 03:32:35 PM »
Anybody else notice a weird scaling affect in VR, where Rudder Pedals appear sized for Big Foot, but trim wheels right next to the pilot are sized for Tiny Tim? It is somewhat subtle but once you notice it...

In other words the further something in the cockpit is from the pilots eye the larger it is scaled.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Scaling
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »
That's your mind playing tricks on you. The perspective is normal, the focal distance is not.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 03:54:40 PM »
That's your mind playing tricks on you. The perspective is normal, the focal distance is not.

I'm not qualified to discount the my grey matter being messed up theory, but I haven't seen the same effect in other cockpit (or driver's seat) games.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:57 PM »
Anybody else notice a weird scaling affect in VR, where Rudder Pedals appear sized for Big Foot, but trim wheels right next to the pilot are sized for Tiny Tim? It is somewhat subtle but once you notice it...

In other words the further something in the cockpit is from the pilots eye the larger it is scaled.

I’ve not noticed that.  Mine appears normally scaled.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 08:28:49 PM »

Curious what your 2D resolution is set to?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 07:58:47 PM »
same with mine, I haven't noticed it.
not sure if 2d scaling would have anything to do with VR? But, to answer as I think you are asking...looks the same,proper proportionality.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:56:51 PM »

Not sure, where is it in the menus?

All gave some, Some gave all