Author Topic: Just to irritate buster.  (Read 4122 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Just to irritate buster.
« on: February 27, 2018, 02:25:16 PM »

HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Just to irritate buster.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 03:21:52 PM »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:22:47 PM »
can it be blown up? 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 03:28:12 PM »
Shhhheesh..
Don't irritate bustr..
Or you have to Go make a map...

I am so looking forward to the new lines of communication..jinxs rail yard hints sound awesome too
Any up date Boss man?
<<S>> Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 03:42:23 PM »
can it be blown up?

Now that would be interesting if that were a possibility ....... just have to figure out who's country damage profile it would be charged to....or maybe it would be just neutral

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 04:09:08 PM »
The image is not about the bridge, they have always been around.

And bridges blowing up is a terrain design choice.We have always been able to make the destroyable, but choose not to.

HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »
The real questions here are, 1) Can PT boats use it; 2) Can LVT's use and go through it?

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 05:50:35 PM »
I see Bigfoot's foot prints

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »
You are a badddd man. You don't have to worry about the shore angle when you set down your bridges. It's good to be the coad master, coad master make's the shore fit the bridge.... :salute

I've seen the object named RIVER in the skin viewer, do you have that set to allow PT and LVT to move on it's surface while stopping planes and tanks?

Oh,,,can this path be fed into itself clean to build forks and does it make a seamless transition into the ocean and lakes at river mouths?

Irritated, it's more like worried about how resupply paths will run and how I will have to shoe horn that into my terrain. Or does it auto populate once all the fields are setup and I run a function that detects all of the feilds and strats and auto maps the rail and roads. Or do I visit each by hand and pull some specified distance of rail or road and set depots at each end.... and any bridges needed along the way for the path.... :rolleyes:

At least you don't make this boring...... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »
This is making me pretty excited.

Any chance we could also get tunnels through mountains for the RR tracks?   This might allow the track to have more believable inclines when going over rugged terrain.  Even if its a simulated tunnel, whereupon each RR car disappears as it reaches the tunnel entrance and reappears at the exit after the appropriate passage of time.   Might look pretty realistic from a distance.  And of course the lesser grades required for tracks to go over mountainous terrain would also look more realistic.

Train tracks also have a habit of following alongside rivers...

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 08:23:21 PM »

And bridges blowing up is a terrain design choice.We have always been able to make the destroyable, but choose not to.

HiTech

Is this a setting that could be changed in a custom arena, or is it part of the terrain?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 11:03:27 PM »
Am i hallucinating or do screen shots always look 2x better than the in play graphics. Im running a 1060 with medium high settings.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 04:58:24 AM »
Am i hallucinating or do screen shots always look 2x better than the in play graphics. Im running a 1060 with medium high settings.

My in-game looked about like that in my old comp using a GTX750. Might want to check over your settings.

Here is what mine looked like with a 750: https://youtu.be/xrZDJwcpp6o
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:31:03 AM by BowHTR »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »

HiTech
Nice stone pattern on that bridge there HT.  I wonder - if you drive over it, does it sound like cobblestones?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 02:17:12 PM »
Is this a setting that could be changed in a custom arena, or is it part of the terrain?

When a terrain designer inserts an object into a terrain he has to select a descriptive value for it. So for example shore batteries are tagged as "hard gun battery" and this setting tells the game how much ord is required to destroy it and how its displayed on the clipboard map. For MA maps bridges are set to "barrier" which makes them indestructable, but for a special event map they can be set to something else so they can be destroyed.

What I notice about HT's screenshot is that the road runs across the river, as if the terrain editor now automatically inserts the bridge into the route wherever it is needed.

I hope that the new strat convoys are made to matter more. In the early days of AH I recall attackers had to take the supply convoys out to prevent destroyed field objects coming back up quickly, but that the convoys were made progressively less important and so players generally ignored them.