Author Topic: Will the free-falling 8.5 ton Chinese space station crash into lower Michigan?  (Read 2263 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Its not even an approximation, its more like an artificial boundary. The atmosphere affects pretty much all LEO satellites. Even ISS need a push every now and then to not fall down ans its at around 400 km altitude.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
In case anyone wondered:
Karman line is defined rougly as " the altitude where the speed necessary to aerodynamically support the airplane's full weight equals orbital velocity."
I.e An aircraft at that altitude would have to fly so fast in order to produce lift that it would effectively be in orbit. so
 "The Karman line is therefore the highest altitude at which orbital speed provides sufficient aerodynamic lift to fly in a straight line that doesn't follow the curvature of the Earth's surface."
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Are we going to invade China?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
You can call it a crash, but Detroit really wants to space jack that thing.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
You can call it a crash, but Detroit really wants to space jack that thing.

....and then strip out all of the copper to turn in for scrap.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
....and then strip out all of the copper to turn in for scrap.

The fire wouldnt even be out yet and it will be stripped down to nothing. Then left sitting on cinder blocks after its space wheels are stolen
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
My vote is for San Francisco.  I really want to see that rumor spread.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Weird I haven’t heard a thing about this and I live in SE Michigan.... hopefully it just burns up on re-entry or lands in the lake(s) honestly.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Stop gazing at yourself in the mirror and investigate :old:

$30 for your joystick and pedals?.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Window down to March 30 - April 6. Orbit now 224 x 246 km, down from 235 x 257 km a week ago.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
This could match  Hopi's Blue Star Katchina prophecy. I remember watching  this images ,  russian MIR  burning with blue-turquoise light during reentry .   

"The final sign   
The ninth and final sign of destruction is described by White Feather as, "You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease. This idea of the Blue Star Kachina marking the end of all Hopi rituals is reflected in Waters' book, Book of the Hopi, in which he states, "The end of all Hopi ceremonialism will come when a kachina removes his mask during a dance in the plaza before uninitiated children.[5]" This absence of Hopi ceremonialism will coincide with the destruction of the Fourth World. Waters suggested that World War III will begin and the United States will be ripped apart by war, leaving only the Hopis and their homeland intact. The war of the end of the world is described by Waters as "a spiritual conflict with material matters [5]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Star_Kachina

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Chicken Little  :rolleyes:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Geomagnetic storms have accelerated the orbital decay, new window is 30th of March +/- 4 days.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Geomagnetic storms have accelerated the orbital decay, new window is 30th of March +/- 4 days.

TIANGONG 1  on N2YO tracking map, not sure if uses real orbital data or just an animation.
http://www.n2yo.com/?s=37820
Interesting you mentioned that, i thought solar flares is affecting on board electronics only; i just read the ISS orbit was also lifted last week,found it explained on NOAA.   https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/impacts/satellite-drag
 I know people are laughing about this things,  i'm listening Coast to Coast radio show for almost 20 years with all my sensors tuned to max receptivity,  love UFO, aliens, Illuminati, paranormal conspiracy bs. :x The most interesting show ever, was with ED Dames guest accurately  predicting Fukushima disaster (without a time frame) and something like a space shuttle crashing down on Earth, maybe same solar flare drag effect on orbit .  I don't know what to believe about remote viewing , certain is we all have some telepathic ESP capabilities, mine resumes to incoming phone calls pre-sensing like most people.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:12:45 PM by ghi »