Author Topic: Will the free-falling 8.5 ton Chinese space station crash into lower Michigan?  (Read 2265 times)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
....Experts say that the state falls among 'the highest probability'  "

"It is believed China's first prototype station, Tiangong-1, will come crashing back to the planet around April 3, experts say.

US research organization Aerospace Corporation revealed that parts of southern Lower Michigan are among the regions that have the highest probability of being hit by falling debris, according to MLive.com.  "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5486985/Lower-Michigan-crash-site-falling-Chinese-space-station.html

I put a new roof on my house and insurance doesn't cover low tech chinese flying junk.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
over here they are saying it could hit us...New zealand..... just goes to show they have no idea at all    hahahha

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
No its  not certain where it will come down yet, ist april 3rd +/- 1 week.....
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Dailymail is about as trustworthy as getting your news from a magic 8 ball
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
They had a article and the American moon landings, they are know for making these thngs up.

Moon landings, everyone knows the moon is a projection and is switched off every morning.

Has North Korea invaded yet? Oh yes they have not,
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Dailymail is the brit version of daily sun and weekly world news combined  :old:

Dailymail said Batboy lives in Ipswitch and shares a flat with Elvis and the missing alien from Area 51  :old:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Maybe it will hit a deserted section of Detroit.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member

From what some folks from there have told me, it could probably hit ANY part, and it would either not make a difference, or actually IMPROVE the place.  :P
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
The space station weighs just 8.5 tonnes, which is much less than for ex the fuel tanks of the space shuttle, which also made uncontrolled reentries. It is more a proof of concept than a space station.
 It orbits the earth in 90 mins so naturally its hard to predict the exact spot of reentry. Even +/- 30 mins means that the area covers 2/3 Rd's of the globe..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
What’s Sweden like :old:

Is it like IKEA?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member

Well, that's a good, big target.

- oldman

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
I nominate either Chicago, Detroit or san fancisco to receive the toss......
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
No its  not certain where it will come down yet, ist april 3rd +/- 1 week.....

Who wants to bet they will narrow that window down to April 1st?

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
Unless its in a very particular orbit, if they don't know when to a lot more precision than a day, they don't know where.  Any guessing is just clickbait based on naming a place we've heard of and would be concerned about and that happens to fall in the right latitude.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Without a controlled re-entry, there is no way to know exactly where it will land until it is completely plunged into the atmosphere.

Controlled re-entry plunges the object into the atmosphere at a specific point which allows easy calculations to place where the object will land with a greater degree of accuracy.

The reason we cannot calculate where a free falling object will land is because we really do not know exactly where the atmosphere ends and space starts.  The accepted Karman line, at 62 miles above sea level, is the best approximation, but that is what it is, an approximation.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com